I knew I made the right choice.
By Steve Rego on
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
Well, I haven't owned it for too long, but I sure bought it for a reason. I wanted a car that was a good combination of looks, quality, performance, practicality, and comfort. This car executes all of these criterion very well. I was concerned with its fuel economy but I read on ways to increase my fuel economy (cruising in the highest gear possible, and being light on the gas, with the exception of my starts, driving 60 on the highway with cruise control enabled), I have been getting 28-30 in the city and about 35 on the highway at 60 mph. I've been getting a combined 32 mpg... good for 464 miles on a tank. It can get good economy if you want it too.
Favorite Features
Adjustable Cruise Control, Side Turn Signals, Fuel Economy Gauge on Instrument Panel, comfortable upright driving position.
Suggested Improvements
Engine isn't the best engine. They need to get a direct injection 4 cylinder, like a 1.8 liter, get 170 horses out of it with good fuel economy, requiring only regular gas. This way a regular driving technique can manage a combined high 20, low 30s fuel economy. Center Armrest should be there.