2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Great quality, price and relia

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Great quality, price and reliability
By fuel4thesoul on

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have 90,000 miles on my car and it has been by far one of the best purchases I have ever made. The car starts without hesitation, stops on a dime, and has great pick up. VW offers a fairly comprehensive warranty and tends to repair certain items out of "goodwill" even when out of warranty. I never take my car to the dealer(unless it a recall) and have learned how to do every maintenance or repair on my own through the various forums that VW enthusiast keep up to date. This has helped keep my costs down while being able to own a safe German designed foreign car. For those without the ability to work on their own VW I would recommend checking out the prices for services in your local area.

There are many but I would have to say my top 3 are the ability to hook up the car to my laptop to see whats wrong with it, windows that do not pinch your fingers (senses your hand in its way), the auxiliary input, gas mileage on the highways is usually around 28-30 mpg, safety (I crashed into the back of a stationary f 150 at 35 mph and walked away), easy to control bass, treble, and mids with knobs that are clearly in view and labeled and best of all there is cup holders all around (ive counted 6 in my head here)

My only gripe about the car is that my headliner could not take the Miami heat and after 4 years has begun to sag in 2 spots. Although the total area sagging is less than the size of a dinner plate combined, its in my peripheral vision and so it bothers me.