Great little car
By stephen on
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I've had this car for about 5 weeks and put 2000 miles on it. For the price (under $18k with 170 hp, 6 speed auto & Tiptronic) you really can't beat it. 95% of the mileage is city driving, and I avg 17.9 mpg, which isn't great but I do drive quite aggressively. Overall the car feels quite well-built, and given that I used to manage a valet lot and have driven Audi, BMW, Porsche, Lexus, Jaguar, etc, that is pretty impressive, especially at this price point. In my opinion you are basically getting a GTI at an economy car price - and my insurance is far cheaper than it would be with a sports car. The only downside is the fuel economy, but if you can get past that, this car is a winner.
Favorite Features
170 hp, 177 torque, 6speed auto w/tiptronic, excellent handling, good looking car, fully loaded for under $18k?? You can't beat that.
Suggested Improvements
Factory stereo system is mediocre, gas mileage is slightly painful, and the ride is maybe a little too soft for me (though during longer drives this can be a good thing). Other than that I love this car as it is.