Gas mileage-not very good
By Sharon on
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
When it was time to get a new car, I was torn between 2 cars. 2008 Honda Civic and the 2008 VW Rabbit. I test drive these 2, and really liked both cars. But time to decide which to get is a pain!! Anyway, emotions got better of me, and so I picked the Rabbit. It has pickup, power and appeal. However, the gas mileage sucks. Literally. I drive on the highway at 60 mph (trying to save $$) everyday, but still get about 25-miles to the gallon. City mileage, forget it. It;'s nowhere close to the sticker mileage. It's more like 9-20 mph. I am gypped and I am not enjoying this car at all. I AM DISAPPOINTED! So there, that's my honest opinion. I should've gotten the Civic. City mileage is 39 mph.
Favorite Features
Hate iPod feature in the arm rest. This option is the worst. The design seems wasn't well planned. It's like an after thought design, which was slapped on to make it more appealing to the iPod users. I tell ya, I only used it once, but it was more aggravating than anything. No favorite feature here.
Suggested Improvements
VW should recall all the iPod integrated Rabbits and install a far better iPod integration. The current one is extremely user unfriendly and need more storage room and bigger cup holders. Goodness, I can't even put my sports bottle in it. It's so ridiculous. The wiper system is so flimsy.