2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best vehicle owned- out of

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Best vehicle owned- out of 6 VWs
By joeynick on

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for 6 weeks, but already it has shown me the build quality VW is capable of, but has eluded them for years. The fit and finish are unparalleled in any vehicle I've seen under $20,000. It's FAST. You just barely tap the gas pedal and it seems to want to take off and fly. The 170 hp engine (only have 2,500 miles on it thus far) just begs you to wind it out. It seems to have a remarkable similarity in torque to old-school GTIs. I paid only $15,900 for this vehicle (only option added was the $450 ESP program). Looking forward to many pleasurable driving miles.

Favorite Features

The electronic slip program seems to have a mind of its own. Tested it out during heavy rain @140 kph/87 mph. Excellent handling. Assured and safe feeling in all conditions thus far. Love the low front view, 3-blink touch turn signals, 4-wheel ABS and the std. creature comforts. And the looks- WOW!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage is my only gripe. Then again, I tend to drive fairly aggressively getting 18 mpg city. Bring the Polo diesel to the states please!