2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Best vehicle owned- out of 6 VWs
By joeynick on 05/28/08 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for 6 weeks, but already it has shown me the build quality VW is capable of, but has eluded them for years. The fit and finish are unparalleled in any vehicle I've seen under $20,000. It's FAST. You just barely tap the gas pedal and it seems to want to take off and fly. The 170 hp engine (only have 2,500 miles on it thus far) just begs you to wind it out. It seems to have a remarkable similarity in torque to old-school GTIs. I paid only $15,900 for this vehicle (only option added was the $450 ESP program). Looking forward to many pleasurable driving miles.

I love my car
By AIMSTER on 05/16/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I never thought I would buy a VW again, but this time it was a gift. I love it! It's zippy and really reliable and fun to drive. I could use a little bit of pick up. My friends love it and my brother comes up with any excuse to borrow my car.

Great Ride
By Kamehamehagirl on 05/06/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just recently bought this and traded my 1990 Firebird because of the gas prices. I have to say I am impressed with the get up and go it has, and smooth handling. The only complaint I can think of is the gas mileage is not as great as I thought it would be, and there is quite a bit of road noise. Overall nice ride and at a great price to.

great buy
By rodimus on 05/05/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

i love my rabbit its fun to drive and easy on my wallet at fill up. Will be buying Volkswagen again

Fun Little dar
By kd0agv on 05/04/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just bought this little car in order to make little trips into town. I needed something that was easy on gas. After looking at what's on the market in the 19 to 22 thousand dollar range there was only one choice. The Rabbit is very well built, fun and easy to drive. I was really impressed by the quality and the number of options that came standard. This is a powerful little machine. It tops the market, in other words you get more for your dollar with the VW rabbit than any other car in the price range and above.

I Love my new RABBIT!!
By Spencer N. on 04/30/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am Leasing My first new car and chose to go with a black on black rabbit with a set of smoked 17" through their parts department and it is the most enjoyable car I have ever had! I went for the Rabbit over the GTI because insurance was much less and i got a car that was less expensive and just as enjoyable to drive. I LOVE IT!!

Wittle Wed Wabbit
By kynative on 04/20/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Overall, it is a good little car. It has enough power to get you going, though you do have to hammer on it to get a immediate power. It is terribly uncomfortable on longer drives, but you can't expect luxury comfort out of a $18k car. Gas mileage is ok, you can get over 30 out of it when on the highway and doing near the speed limit, if you open it up, it acts like an 8 cyl.

Love my 08 Bunny
By Sarah S. on 04/15/08 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Absolutely fantastic car. Fun to drive, great styling, and really great features for the price.

Love the Bunny
By j.ho on 04/10/08 07:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've owned this vehicle for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier. I traded in a Toyota Yaris, and I'm not sure I'll ever go back from German engineering. It's a solidly built, small car that comes with a lot of features standard (a BIG difference from Toyotas at the very least). My old car felt like a toy compared to this one. Not sure about reliability just yet since it's still new, but I have high expectations from VW.

Why can't I call this a GOLF?
By Steamtrain on 04/06/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my sixth VW, so, since I have survived VW's reliability problems, I must like them. This car is a good value for money, with features that competitors can only dream of. In Canada, heated seats are an essential; why don't more manufacturers make this available (and how about heated steering wheels?)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.