2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: 2008 Black Rabbit

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

2008 Black Rabbit
By Brian on

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this 08 Rabbit in June and now 8 months later have no performance or build quality complains. Broke it in easy for 1500 mi. My son is the primary driver who uses it to commute back and forth to college and to work. We've taken it on 600+ miles trips to NJ and Pittsburgh and mpg has been excellent at 31 highway. The only recurring issue has been the crummy head unit for the stereo. Twice the cd player has failed. Dealer overnighted a replacement the first time, and I expect same replacement this time, but really why the cheapo stereo? I've thrown Walmart stereo/cd players into vehicles that have lasted for years with no issue. No other problems with this West Virginia Bunny.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride, front seat comfort, dash layout, mpg. I believe you have to break new vehicles in correctly and the VW is returning 26 city and 31 highway. Sporty solid feel and great handling. Glad we got this model before VW reduces the number of standard features on the 2010 re- design.

Suggested Improvements

BETTER STEREOS!!!!!! No excuse for cd players that quit after 3 mos. of use. Even el cheapo Kraco's and Pioneers last without issues.