2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: What happened to Volkswagen

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What happened to Volkswagen
By goof on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my sixth and last VW. I am very disappointed! The suspension is extremely stiff, jarring, and very jittery. It is impossible to find any comfortable settings for the thinly padded drivers seat. Driving 300 inner-city miles a week is causing me hip and back pain! The electronic throttle programming doesn't seem compatible with the manual transmission. i.e. hard to engage the clutch smoothly. I have driven manual transmissions for 27 years and never stalled so much. I never experienced these issues with the last five VWs I have owned. Since almost all VWs are now based on the Golf V, I am now shopping for a non VW replacement.

I love all the standard features: heated seats, six disc player in the stereo, airbags, ABS brakes. I opted for the sunroof and 16" wheels.

We are not all street racers, give me a more compliant suspension set up! I would like the seats from my 04 Jetta transplanted to this car.