2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Update for 2intwenty

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Update for 2intwenty
By 2intwenty on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This review is an update from my initial review 2/1/07. I now have 14,000 miles on the car and still like it. I was concerned about engine noise at first, but this seemed to lessen with the break-in. I like the growl! A few issues: on a couple occasions I've stalled after being in my heated office garage and then driving 5 mins in 40-50 degree temp. outside - stalled 2dif. times - exact same location each time. I have a rattle in the right vent. The driver's side window switches are peeling but dealer is replacing. My upper strut towers/bearing were replaced proactively by my dealer after I mentioned a slight steering noise - this fixed it.

Design - just a really clean interior and exterior. Seats - very comfortable for me. Engine/handling. Drives great!!

Sounds like there is a flaw in the strut towers, and some dash rattles. Redesign those. Though I've had a few issues, I still like the car a lot.