2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: So Far I Love It!

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

So Far I Love It!
By JS on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about a month and so far I'm thrilled with my purchase. Everyone notices this car and asks me what it is. I am not very tall, but the Rabbit has great visibility. VW rates the fuel efficiency as 22 city/30 hwy, but I've been getting around 24-26 city mpg. I'm very pleased with the acceleration of the inline 5-cyl. engine, yet it still has decent fuel efficiency. It is roomier than expected and has a lot of cool creature comforts. This car has a lot of bang for the buck. All the safety features are STANDARD, while other cars I tested had extra charges for side airbags and ABS and traction control. This car had the most features for the best price.

Being short, the telescoping steering wheel is great. I don't have to be afraid to have my face smashed or my ribs shattered by a deployed airbag because I can set the steering wheel at the correct distance. The 6-way adjustable seat is comfy. I can't wait to get the adapter to play my MP3s!

No suggestions yet. I would have liked a diesel version, but I've heard that VW will introduce it in 2008.