Falling in love... again.
By vwlogansrun on
2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I'm now the daily driver of our 2007 4-Door Rabbit and just absolutely blown-away by it. We've had no major mechanical issues with it, ever. I just had spark plugs and a few things replaced and suddenly it is driving like new. For a car under $19k, the handling and acceleration is fantastic. It is bigger than our previous Golf and more solid overall. The engine, I'm told, borrows from a Lamborghini design. I'm not a racer but this is a quick car. Also room enough for groceries and two kids. A bit tight for a long road trip, but doable.
Favorite Features
The interior is very nice, almost a luxury feel. Audi-like. The red display achieves great visibility on the dash and the controls are well placed. Sound system with CD changer is decent, not going to knock you out. I love that it plays MP3 CDs, so I usually load it up with 6 CDs of 3-4 albums each. That's a lot of music. Seats are comfortable and quite adjustable. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. Sunroof is a must. Alloy wheels give this a bit of style. Handling is exceptional, tighter and more responsive than you'd expect. Makes me wonder what the hype is about the GTI.
Suggested Improvements
There's a weird feature where the bass booms at stoplights. It's bizarre. Otherwise, this is one of the best cars I've owned, if not the best.