2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Rattle, Rattle, Rattle

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Rattle, Rattle, Rattle
By Michael Berry on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought an '07 Rabbit in Oct. '06. The car was great for the first 500 miles, after that a rattle started coming from the vents. I took it to the dealer and they said that the rattle was normal, they would glue the vents, but never fixed the problem. My model had the sunroof, the area with the controls would rattle. I took it to the dealer again and they never fixed it. The seat belts would rattle. The rear seat, drivers left was built in the factory with a latch that was to big. It would make a popping sound that drove me nuts. I took it to the dealer and they had my car for three days before telling me that they couldn't fix it. After about 2,000 miles, the fan blower would make random grinding noise. The moonroof would rattle and it makes a weird noise inside the car at 25-35 mph.

I love the 2.5L engine. The car was fun in sport mode.

Pay more attention to detail. I have never had a car that would rattle so much and at random times. It drove me nuts.