2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Rabbit is Right

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Rabbit is Right
By 2intwenty on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased the Rabbit a week ago, and am enjoying the well-designed interior and great drive very much. I find the car very well-named as it feels very much like a quick and nimble little rabbit. My only caution is the engine noise, and I feel the 2.5 to be quite thrashy-rattling around 2,000-2,500 RPM under acceleration. I am sincerely hoping that this is not due to a developing engine problem. Time will tell and I will update periodically.

The wonderful VW interior and German fit- finish. This car truly is finished like a price class beyond. The 6-speed auto and great stereo are my other favorite features. Its handling is near top of the list too. I really am enjoying this little guy.

Calm the start-up engine noise, and 5-cylinder thrum. I thought I liked the "sporty" sound the first few drives, but it seems to be getting a bit raucous as I continue to break-in the car. This concerns me.