2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Put it in 'Sport' mode and fly

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Put it in 'Sport' mode and fly!
By SBC on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Initially, I was drawn to the Rabbit coupe's styling, but its performance has been what's impressed me most since leasing it. In 'Drive' mode, it's gutsy, in a small car kind of way, but in 'Sport' mode, it's a different car! I've had cars with 'Sport' modes before and have noticed little difference. When I put the Rabbit in 'Sport' mode, its performance is similar to the Honda S2000 I used to drive, with better low end torque than the S2000. I have kept up with Porsches off the line in 'Sport' mode, granted they could roast the Rabbit over the long haul, but the point was to see if the Rabbit was a gamer. It is up for any challenge. Good, and powerful, things come in small packages!

Obviously, 'Sport' and shiftable mode, lane change turn signal, iPod adapter and center arm rest, the gauge and control lights, the VW emblem hatchback lock is clever, and finally, the very best feature, its low price and low lease payments for a bunch of driving fun!

Better radio or antenna (get static on regular stations), keyless entry (had it on my last two cars, really miss it), smaller, sportier steering wheel.