2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: My First Car, LONG AWAITED!

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

My First Car, LONG AWAITED!
By Hop-A-Long on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I had been waiting for VW to launch this NEW GOLF V for the past three years. I researched the car for a very long time. Being built in Germany at the Wolfsburg plant, she really is a IMPORT! I have the 4dr auto with Tiptronic, and I LOVE IT. Now that it has arrived it has been dubbed the Rabbit! Even better, the legendary car IS BACK! And with this car, the legacy lives on. The look, the feel, this car has it all. VW has hit a big home run with the new Rabbit. The 4-door version has LOTS of room. When people get inside they just look around puzzled that though small on the outside, it is very vast on the inside! The Tiptronic 6-speed transmission is fun, fun, fun! The new 150 hp engine also kicks hard. Don't let this 'lil car fool ya. Hop, Hop.

I like the a/c cooled glove box, I don't know why, but I like it. Also, the 6-speed Tiptronic gearbox...let's you do QUICK work on ANY time consuming errands! I like the optional SPORT mode in the transmission. The key rolls ALL four windows up/down from outside the vehicle! The vehicle lives up to the old RABBIT nameplate very well.

NONE. I mean any more improvements an you would be driving an Audi. The only improvements anyone would want would either be MORE power, which in turn means MORE GASOLINE! This Rabbit hops with no problems. From stop it will scoot up to 80 mph in seconds. Hold onto your hats...cause this RABBIT flys!