Might Be A Lemon... Or It Might Just Be The Brand
By jen86 on
2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I bought my rabbit used from a Volkswagen dealership in '09, it's an '07 model and it only had 12,000 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. It's now got about 77,000 miles on it, & it's had problems since I got it. This car has had the wheel well fill up with water and seep through my seats ($4-500 fix) a bolt fall out of the engine mount (covered by warranty), the alternator failed at 50,000 miles ($500 at the dealer), the airbag light & the brake pads are worn light (electrical issue) are both on ($1000 to repair those 2 things at the dealer), and the CV joints are shot ($670 at the dealer). I would caution people against buying a Volkswagen if they want longevity in an automobile.
Favorite Features
The hatchback is great if you need trunk space. It's pretty roomy for being such a tiny car. Great gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
It's had several electrical and mechanical issues outside the realm of what I would call normal wear and tear, so much so that I don't trust the brand anymore and I won't buy a Volkswagen again. My husband's busted old '03 Honda Civic has had way fewer problems than my much newer '07 Volkswagen Rabbit.