2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Might Be A Lemon... Or It Migh

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit

Might Be A Lemon... Or It Might Just Be The Brand
By jen86 on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my rabbit used from a Volkswagen dealership in '09, it's an '07 model and it only had 12,000 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. It's now got about 77,000 miles on it, & it's had problems since I got it. This car has had the wheel well fill up with water and seep through my seats ($4-500 fix) a bolt fall out of the engine mount (covered by warranty), the alternator failed at 50,000 miles ($500 at the dealer), the airbag light & the brake pads are worn light (electrical issue) are both on ($1000 to repair those 2 things at the dealer), and the CV joints are shot ($670 at the dealer). I would caution people against buying a Volkswagen if they want longevity in an automobile.

The hatchback is great if you need trunk space. It's pretty roomy for being such a tiny car. Great gas mileage.

It's had several electrical and mechanical issues outside the realm of what I would call normal wear and tear, so much so that I don't trust the brand anymore and I won't buy a Volkswagen again. My husband's busted old '03 Honda Civic has had way fewer problems than my much newer '07 Volkswagen Rabbit.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review