Hip to the Hizot
By eldaino on
2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
The Volkswagen Rabbit is wonderful. It has such a solid feel to it, you won't be able to find a more solid feeling car in it's price range or even a bit above. The gas mileage may not be amazing in this class, but most other cars on this class don't have five cylinders either. I wish the redline was higher but other than that power is fine. This car is very peppy, if it was any lighter it would be too fast! It has great interior ergonomics and quality materials are used throughout. It is better than my '06 Civic. It is not as futuristic, but the build quality actually feels nicer. It has nice handling, not too harsh and sporty but no wimp either. It is very pleasant, fun, and a great buy plus it comes with a great warranty. I love my Rabbit!
Favorite Features
The classic VW gauges in red and blue. This car has the best interior of any car in its class and pretty much beats any American or Korean car that costs thousands more, and is on par with if not exceeding Japanese brands like Honda and Mazda. It has a very refined look, nice handling, good torque, and a very quiet interior.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the engine had more horspower per litre. As opposed to a 5,800 redline, I would have liked at least a 6,300, and increase horses to about 165. Aside from that, the only gripe i have is that the two door has no armrest, but it was something i got used to very quickly and don't really miss.