Great Value
By Ohio Jim on
2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I bought a base manual 2007 Rabbit and was surprised at how much equipment comes standard. It has power locks/windows and an MP3 player for example. To get that in a Civic I would have paid at least $3,000 more. Of course, with VW if all that still works in seven years I'll be stunned. They definitely used some cheap plastics in the interior. I've eyed three things that will surely be broken before the warranty is up. The poor quality history not withstanding, a great car for the money, mainly because the performance is fantastic. It is just plain fun to drive. If I wasn't so scared of the quality issues and notorious electrical problems I would have opted for the Tiptronic auto that I test drove - that thing rocked!
Favorite Features
I like how the Rabbit has 150 hp in sich a tiny car. Its handling is fantastic. Its styling is great for a compact car, too.
Suggested Improvements
The plastics in the interior are flimsy. They may last but I'm not to optimistic. Electrical problems have plaqued Rabbits in the past. Some warranty (beyond the four year standard one) on that aspect of the car would make it worth more.