2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: First German Car, Love It

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

First German Car, Love It
By calpolyrabbit on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was excited to own my first very own car a few months ago when I bought a Scion xA in automatic. After being rear ended and having the car declared totaled, I ended up buying the Rabbit in manual 2 door paying about a grand more than I did for my xA. I think this car drives and feels much more luxrious and upscale to the xA and '01 Civic LX of my past. Though it is harder when trying to fit people in the back only having 2 doors, Then have plenty of room back there. I am one who likes buying cars from manufacturers who builds cars in their country as my xA was made in Japan (Toyota). The Rabbits are currently made in Wolfsberg, Germany. I am sincerely impressed with my purchase.

The interior lighting at night is a pleasure. The blue and red is slick, clean, and easy to read. The seats feel a lot more comfortable than those of my past cars as well. There are lots of "Easter Eggs" such as nice turn signal blinker functions, windshield wiper goodies, and others...

I would prefer a larger stereo display along with better radio control buttons/functions. Though my gas mileage is not bad, it would kick be great if it was regularly getting in the mid-30's, like many Japanese econoboxes get while keeping the German performance.