2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Feels exspensive

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

Feels exspensive
By shawn on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am completely satisfied with my choice of the VW auto. This car feels and rides just as awesome as it looks. Great passing power, even at 70 mph. Handles the local twisties with pleasant agility. I bought mine with the ground effects and it is worth the money, looks really cool and sporty. I also upgraded to 16" wheels for better ride. Just remember this changes the speedometer accuracy. I can't figure out how to sit inside with the interior dash lights on, without the driving lights blinding away at the same time (kind of irritating). Also it seems there is no glovebox light. Cruise control on the blinkers is less than desirable. The seat adjustments are poorly designed. I recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Cool interior lights. Rear split folding seats. Telescopic tilt wheel. Dash indicator tells exact maintenance times. Outside temp. 6 airbags, 2 optional, 8 total. 10 speakers standard. MP3. Ambience lights shine on console. Tranny has econo, sport and semi-auto modes. Beautiful exterior lines.

Suggested Improvements

Removable cupholders for washing. Take felt lining out of glovebox. Cruise control on steering wheel. Standard floormats. Glovebox light. Ability to turn on interior lights separate from driving lights. Quick release recline on seats instead of turn crank. Move seatbelts into easier reach of driver.