2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Falling in love... again.

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Falling in love... again.
By vwlogansrun on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I'm now the daily driver of our 2007 4-Door Rabbit and just absolutely blown-away by it. We've had no major mechanical issues with it, ever. I just had spark plugs and a few things replaced and suddenly it is driving like new. For a car under $19k, the handling and acceleration is fantastic. It is bigger than our previous Golf and more solid overall. The engine, I'm told, borrows from a Lamborghini design. I'm not a racer but this is a quick car.

Also room enough for groceries and two kids. A bit tight for a long road trip, but doable.

The interior is very nice, almost a luxury feel. Audi-like. The red display achieves great visibility on the dash and the controls are well placed. Sound system with CD changer is decent, not going to knock you out. I love that it plays MP3 CDs, so I usually load it up with 6 CDs of 3-4 albums each. That's a lot of music. Seats are comfortable and quite adjustable. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. Sunroof is a must. Alloy wheels give this a bit of style. Handling is exceptional, tighter and more responsive than you'd expect. Makes me wonder what the hype is about the GTI.

There's a weird feature where the bass booms at stoplights. It's bizarre. Otherwise, this is one of the best cars I've owned, if not the best.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review