2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Amazing Value

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Amazing Value
By Atlanta Buyer on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The Rabbit is by far the best inexpensive compact car available. I tried them all, and nothing compares to the solid body, secure handling, safety equipment, and controlled ride. The 4 door is very well equipped for the price with 6 airbags, heated seats, 10-speaker CD-changer audio system, 4-wheel anti-lock disk brakes, and the quality interior materials. I added ESP and the 16" alloy wheels, both of which contribute to improved handling. I have not owned the car long, but there have been no problems. My last Golf went 4 years with nothing but routine maintenance, so I'm hoping for the same with this one.

Favorite Features

The solid body and exceptional ride. Upscale interior with heated seats and ample leg room. 175 ft. lbs. torque that comes at 2500 rpm making it useful in everyday driving. Decent stereo. ESP. Secure handling. Impeccable fit and finish. The feel of a far more expensive car. The price!

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps better fuel economy, but in view of the acceleration and 3100 lb. curb weight, maybe it's reasonable.