2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: A car with character

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

A car with character
By emseearr on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Very briefly, I've owned this car for two weeks and I am very happy with it so far. This is my second car, a big step up from my first, a 2003 Hyundai Elantra sedan. Overall, I feel this is a very well-designed and well-engineered car with some quirks, endearing and otherwise. I think it's style, performance and overall charming character more than make up for its few, unfortunate, shortcomings.

The car is full of features that suggest real thought went into its design. The lane-changer signal, a/c diffuser vent and auto-opening windows are welcome features in this class. It's engine is gutsy, not uncommon for $17k, but its pep comes with atypical poise. It is simply fun to drive.

Wish it had a center armrest, and the iPod adapter could use more features. I have noticed an intermittent rattle in the dashboard, but turning the radio up a click solves it, atleast until I get it looked at. My 10 for reliability is probably optimistic, but the car feels solid so far.