2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A Blast to Drive

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

A Blast to Drive
By Chicago VW Fan on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2007 Rabbit 2.5 5-door on 8-5-06. I went to a great dealer with great salespeople. This is our fifth VW. This car's fit and finish are superior. I am impressed with its numerous safety features - see IIHS for crash test results. Its 5-speed manual transmission is smooth and slick. Its handling is awesome - it really hugs the roads. Its accelleration very pleasing as well - especially with the 5-speed. The interior materials are first class. The rear seat leg room comfy for a 6-footer. Its cargo area spacious. I use this vehicle to drive to work - 40 miles round-trip. So far it is averaging about 28/29 mpg mix city/hwy. This is one well-built-fun to drive-good looking automobile. Hats off to VW.

Favorite Features

The accelleration, 5-speed manual transmission, fit and finish, nice interior materials and room, handling, safety features, good dealer experience, hatchback versitility, fun to drive character, price and warranty. I am totally in love with the sound of the 2.5L engine during hard launches...it is very pleasing to the ear.

Suggested Improvements

None.