2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
07 Rabbit
By Fossa on 07/23/07 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Very nice car loaded with features. I just wish the 2.5 engine had a better performance overall. It could be quicker and more fuel efficient. However the car is still a lot of fun to drive. Put some 18"s on it and it will be the best looking hatchback around.

Best Subcompact out there
By BP on 07/20/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Everything about this car is positive. The interior is great, the exterior is nice, and the engine is peppy.the interior is very good build quality, perhaps even upscale. The sunroof works great. Some say that it gets bad MPG, but in the real world, it only gets about 2-3 mpg less than those Japanese models that sacrifice everything to get 28 mpg in the city (real world, EPA for 2007 has been known to be inaccurate). Depending on the day, I get from 24-26 mpg in the city, and 27-32 mpg on the highway. I would rather drive a comfortable, safe, great handling, and good looking car than one that is small, uncomfortable, and one that has lackluster handling.

Great Rabbit... Cant wait for the 2008!
By jm on 07/20/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I test drove all of the subcompacts that are available. I test drove them all, and came down to the conclusion that I would rather have an inexpensive car with a 6 (not 4) speed transmission, an upscale interior, a more powerful engine that can actually pass on the highway, more interior space, more comfortable seats, and better handling. This car is also much, much safer than the other competitors, especially with all of the massive SUVs out there now. We have had absolutely no problems with this car after almost 5000 miles! I would definitely buy another! My wife likes mine so much that she is going to take mine and I am going to trade in her 2005 civic for a 2008 rabbit 4dr automatic.

Excellent Value for the Money!
By Henry on 07/09/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is an absolute dream! I've driven it every day for 8 months now and I still have a smile on my face! This thing is so fun to drive. When I was shopping, I looked at Scion tC, Nissan Sentra, Honda Fit, Dodge Caliber and none of them compare with the VW's power, safety, and standard features! Everything is included in the price! Only small negative I can find is the gas mileage. It could be better but you always have to make a trade-off. I'd rather have more power and gas mileage isn't too bad. I've been averaging 22 mi/gal. 90% city driving agressively. If you're in the market for this, I would wait for the '08 model which will have 170 horses and other improvements!

What happened to Volkswagen
By goof on 07/08/07 00:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my sixth and last VW. I am very disappointed! The suspension is extremely stiff, jarring, and very jittery. It is impossible to find any comfortable settings for the thinly padded drivers seat. Driving 300 inner-city miles a week is causing me hip and back pain! The electronic throttle programming doesn't seem compatible with the manual transmission. i.e. hard to engage the clutch smoothly. I have driven manual transmissions for 27 years and never stalled so much. I never experienced these issues with the last five VWs I have owned. Since almost all VWs are now based on the Golf V, I am now shopping for a non VW replacement.

Thumper is a Great Drive!!!
By DrJohnston on 07/02/07 20:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Rabbit is a great car! It handles very well, but is still fairly compliant on the rough streets of cleveland. The automatic is great. I love the three settings (D,S,Tipi). The shifts are a little slow, but not bad for a slush box. Inside the car is great except for the lack of a center arm rest. The stereo sounds very crisp! Out of the comparable cars, Honda Fit, Scions, Civics, and such, I found this to be the best car on the market.

Mr. Rabbit is a funny bunny
By sisterearth on 06/29/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car has a lot of pep to it! Passing is no problem, keeping it under the speed limit may be! I like the design, the interior is very comfortable. Good space even in the backseat, folded down my large dog stretches out nicely. Lots of cup holders, spots to put stuff, good air conditioner!

The Best Car Ever!
By alf on 06/28/07 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Buying this car was the best decision I ever made! I've had it almost a year now, and I anticipate driving it at least 20,000 miles. Every time I get in my Rabbit, I feel good. I love everything about the car. The design, the power it gives me behind the wheel.

VW Rabbit as good as it gets!
By atomicbri on 06/25/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Wow. I am really liking my new VW Rabbit. It's still a Golf in my head and I have to get used to the name. Otherwise this car is excellent! Already have taken it on a trip and it proves to be a great driver. Very quiet at highway speed with auto. Small so easy to parallel park in the city, but loads of cargo room. Fun to drive, handles well. And interior fit and finish is excellent.

Feels exspensive
By shawn on 06/13/07 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am completely satisfied with my choice of the VW auto. This car feels and rides just as awesome as it looks. Great passing power, even at 70 mph. Handles the local twisties with pleasant agility. I bought mine with the ground effects and it is worth the money, looks really cool and sporty. I also upgraded to 16" wheels for better ride. Just remember this changes the speedometer accuracy. I can't figure out how to sit inside with the interior dash lights on, without the driving lights blinding away at the same time (kind of irritating). Also it seems there is no glovebox light. Cruise control on the blinkers is less than desirable. The seat adjustments are poorly designed. I recommend this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.