Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

2007 Fun to own Rabbit
By Thomas Roach

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car. Sells essentially complete from factory, no hassle with options. Economy just about as sticker, drives so smooth it really is fun. Super value for money and size.

Transmission was big buy point and has not disappointed. Shifts effortlessly and quietly. Car is quiet, and seats are comfortable.

A slight improvement in MPG would make this a top seller, Needs to be over 30 MPG highway. Do not like door locks, should all open with one touch on keypad, or with drivers door.

got 2 bunnies
By Dave A

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am on my 3 VW, I now have 2 07 Rabbits , 6 speed autos with 16 inch alloys. Both cars have performed flawlessly and have served me well. Gas mileage between 25 and 30 if you keep it on the highway. Little cars will get you in trouble with ability to exceed 125 mph 32,000 on one 24,000 on the other. Very safe cars, Germans are the best at this, why I got one for my wife and daughters.

Handling with the 16 inch alloys ,you can nail a offramp. Pretty good stereo for my rock music . I like the sport mode helps you get better shift points when passing, interior very well laid out, very good gauge layout. Drop the back seats for roomy cargo area, seats up plenty of room for passengers.

Give me a tdi version or the Euro 1.4 supercharged and turbocharged marvel that gets 45 mpg . Vw didn't bring it because they thought Americans would not pay extra for it, oops didn't foresee 4.25 a gal did they. Ok VW of America get off your slow moving butts and bring Americans the good stuff now!!!!!

This car kicks!
By VeeDubs Forever

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this car, a 2007 leftover, off the showroom floor. I fell in love with it the minute I drove it, and it just keeps getting better and better. When I see it from the outside I can't believe how small it looks - the interior is so roomy and comfortable. This is THE perfect city car. I drive less than 5 miles roundtrip each weekday, then take to the highway on the weekends. The Rabbit is zippy and such fun to drive either way. I love the safety features and the versatility. This is my second VW (2000 Jetta) but my first hatchback and I am utterly amazed by what will fit in this car. But what excites me the most are the high-end features like the wheels, the sunroof,and the heated seats.

Tiptronic transmission (FUN!), exterior access to open or close windows and sunroof, interior features, sporty look, heated seats, Rabbit logo, hatch access, turn signals in side view mirrors, sport mode... I could go on...

I've noticed the bass going a little crazy on occasion, but otherwise the stereo system is great. Sometimes the engine roars on start up but settles back down once it's in gear.

Geat Car
By Cbrown888

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Rented a Golf MKV in Budapest to drive down to Vienna and enjoyed the car so much that we bought one soon after we got back to NJ. The car has not been in the shop once since we've owned it since I do my own service work. The car is great on long trips and handles like a car twice it's price. Bought the Rabbit over the GTI since it doesn't need premium fuel like the turbo charged 2.0 motors. The interior space is excellent and really like the positioning of controls. The overall fit and finish is excellent and typical of a good European car. Overall we'll be keeping this car for a while since I usually get tired of cars pretty quickly

Looks, I have the factory 17" wheel and ground effects pkg. The control placement, the standard equipment, the fit and finish and overall quality. the way the car handles

Offer more engines, a 4 cylinder would be great with 1.7 to 2.0 liter and variable valve timing for better fuel economy than the 2.5. Offer the same options on the 2 door that you can get on the 4 door,I.E sunroof, something VW is famous for. Offer a higher final drive ratio in the stick.

Could have been great...
By pikers

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

At my first oil change I complained that the shift lever was violently shaking in 4th gear, so VW replaced the shift assembly. Things went well for a few months and then the shaking came back. I brought it back to the dealer for the 10k checkup and told them the shaking was back. To my amazement they told me they had to rebuild my transmission!! This should never happen with a manual gear box, especially one with 9500 miles on it. But it doesn't stop there. Today the automatic up/down feature for the windows stopped working. I've owned the car for a year and put 9500 miles on it and it has been in the shop for over 4 weeks in one year...not a good ratio if you asked me.

Fit and finish. The car really is amazing inside and out...you feel like you are in an Audi, not a car costing $16k. There are also a bunch of niceties that you don't notice until they kick in (e.g. the rear wiper turns on automatically when your wipers are on and you go into reverse).

I only have two complaints, MPG and build quality. Having only one engine option is crazy, especially when it's a 2.5L. There's like 10 engine options for the Golf in Europe. I think with today's technology one should be able to buy a car and have it be free from any MAJOR problems e.g. bad tranny