2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Awesome Car!
By savxms on 01/19/08 23:00 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had the rabbit for just about a year and it has been awesome. Everything about the car is great. Have not had any problems and made a trip a long road trip and the ride was very comfortable and smooth. definitely prefer this car.

Reliable but Raucous
By neil on 01/09/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought an '07 4-door right off the showroom floor, black with the 17" V-Vision wheels (I was hooked). This is my third VW, and the other two ('78 Rabbit, '88 Fox) were bulletproof. I compared the Mazda3, and the Rabbit offers far more features, refinement, and power (the 2.5L has terrific torque) for the money. Since October 2006, I've put 20,000 miles on it (18,000 miles in the first year). It feels like a budget Audi. What sinks it are the rattles (see Suggested Improvements). I've had it to the dealer once; whatever they did only muted the rattles a little bit for a little while. No new car should rattle this much. I've had numerous Fords (no paragons of quality) that were far quieter.

Waste of Time and Money
By Groot on 12/31/07 05:38 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought one of these for my wife a year ago and we are getting rid of it with under 17,000 miles on it. We are still upside down in the vehicle, and it is spending more time at the dealership than at our house. And for some reason the dealership is putting around 200 miles on it while trying to fix a problem with the idling. The vehicle has been a problem since the month after we got it and our dealership seems to be making little if no effort to fix the problem.

Zippy car!
By VWGryph24 on 12/06/07 21:38 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I give it an excellent rating! Man that Mark 5 Rabbit is such a zippy car. It may not be as powerful as its big brother, the GTI, but it has plenty of spunk. In Sport mode its even more zippy!

Volkswagen hits the mark
By JTC on 12/05/07 07:16 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my 07 Rabbit 2dr in July and the car is incredibly comfortable, roomy, the engine is incredibly powerful and the overall quality is impressive. I test drove the Mazda3 Honda civic, and Scion and the Rabbit's engineering and quality are definitely outstanding compared to it's competitors. At 2000 miles I have had no problems whatsoever and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. Definitely best car purchase I've made in a while.

Put it in 'Sport' mode and fly!
By SBC on 11/12/07 07:44 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Initially, I was drawn to the Rabbit coupe's styling, but its performance has been what's impressed me most since leasing it. In 'Drive' mode, it's gutsy, in a small car kind of way, but in 'Sport' mode, it's a different car! I've had cars with 'Sport' modes before and have noticed little difference. When I put the Rabbit in 'Sport' mode, its performance is similar to the Honda S2000 I used to drive, with better low end torque than the S2000. I have kept up with Porsches off the line in 'Sport' mode, granted they could roast the Rabbit over the long haul, but the point was to see if the Rabbit was a gamer. It is up for any challenge. Good, and powerful, things come in small packages!

Best bang for the buck
By Steve on 11/08/07 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Highs: torquey engine, great interior design, amazing spec list standard, cost of ownership is very low. Gas mileage is pretty poor, but if you're concerned about gas mileage you're probably not even going to be considering this car anyway. The 170 ft-lbs of torque is apparent from very low in the rev range, and worth the trade with gas mileage as far as I'm concerned. When compared to everything else $20k or less, the Rabbit shines through.

Update for 2intwenty
By 2intwenty on 11/02/07 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This review is an update from my initial review 2/1/07. I now have 14,000 miles on the car and still like it. I was concerned about engine noise at first, but this seemed to lessen with the break-in. I like the growl! A few issues: on a couple occasions I've stalled after being in my heated office garage and then driving 5 mins in 40-50 degree temp. outside - stalled 2dif. times - exact same location each time. I have a rattle in the right vent. The driver's side window switches are peeling but dealer is replacing. My upper strut towers/bearing were replaced proactively by my dealer after I mentioned a slight steering noise - this fixed it.

Getting disappointed
By frankenstrat on 10/14/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The gas mileage seems great (I average 37-40 mph highway), get up and go is great, love how it handles in rain and snow (with the exception of the wipers pushing water back onto the windshield). If it does rain, you must keep your windows closed or it pours inside. Within 6 months I began having problems with the front end - always seemed like something was rubbing and steering was not as tight. Well after 5 trips to the dealer they replaced the strut mounts, worked for about 2 weeks. After two more trips to the dealer, they are basically replacing the front end - not a good sign after one year.

Worth the money when compared
By Cdog64 on 09/08/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had the Rabbit for 1600 miles and have enjoyed the drive. The fit of the car is good. The perfomance is great. The comfort is good. The 2.5 with the auto is a fantastic match. I have had plenty of go when needed. You have to watch your speed til you get used to the ride at speed (you'll be doing 80 before you realize it). The Rabbit's handling is very responsive with good road feel. When the weather is bad there is no problem either. The sound system is very good and easy to set up. I'm 6'2 and 250 and fit in the seats comfortably. The car has more room than you think. All in all I have enjoyed this car a lot and find myself smiling when driving. Drive it and compare.