2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 5

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Awesome little car
By ludwig930 on 05/31/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall this car is awesome. Great car for the price. This is my 2nd VW (1998 Jetta TDI ) and I enjoy driving it. Not a long distance driver, but has all the essentials for city driving. Great tuner car for those small little quirks, i.e. braking, body roll. Basic model looks a little bland but add some sport springs, nice wheels and some window tint and it takes a little step closer to GTI appeal. Could save a little more money on gas with a 6th gear.

Better than Zoom Zoom
By Better than Zoom2 on 05/30/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I read everything there was in Edmunds and then I compared and drove with Mazda3, Scion,Civic and Corolla. No comparisons when it comes to the interior volume as I am tall. I get a respectable 28mpg and I drive speed limits cause I know the sheriff is out for me in my red car. The car wants to go fast all the time. The dealer says it is built to cruise 100mph all day. I believe it! In the flat open highways of my western state this car is a dream and head turner. Make sure your car comes with the Arm rest as it conforms to different positions of the driver's arm. my wife drives with the seat forward and we can slide the arm rest to suit her.

Great Car
By shaun on 05/30/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had my Rabbit for over a year now. No problems whatsoever, and it is a wonderful car to drive. One thing I did wish was better was gas mileage, although you get in performance what you lose in gas mileage, so it is a trade off I am happy with. Any of the other similar cars with better mileage can't hold a candle to the get up and go that my Rabbit has.

love my Rabbit
By Becki on 05/29/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd VW. We drove one in Europe and loved it. The Rabbit has a huge fun factor; only thing I really miss is a sunroof. The gas mileage is good but could be better I'm sure.

Great Car
By jdilly on 05/25/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my 7th VW since I started driving. My Rabbit is fun to drive and so far has been very reliable.Gas mileage isn't as good as my 96 but the power is much better. Handles very well and is powerful enough to get me out of the way of large trucks and SUVs. Would highly recommend this car.

And now the negitives
By will not buy another on 04/29/08 15:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have posted when I first bought this car. Mostly all positive. Still a good car, but I will not buy another. I drive hard (80 to 85 mph) on the highway as my commute is 70 miles round trip to work. My mileage is average 28 mpg which is ok. Things that disappoint me.. 1-a/c in glovebox, but no light. 2-can not open drivers door and lock from inside (without key). 3-can not sit in the dark with only radio lights on. All lights including bright driving lights will be on. 4-hatch lock locks on its own free will (when your not ready) 5-outlet and mp3 jack in glovebox (useless location) 6-no quick release to let seat down. The twist knob is poor choice, as I like to lean back. 7-expensive maintenance.

2007 VW Rabbit
By Coder157 on 03/23/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall I enjoy my VW Rabbit. I love driving it. The only thing I dislike about it is its gas mileage.

Fuel economy
By 4dr Hatchback on 03/15/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The sticker fuel consumption states 22 city 30 highway. My average city has not been more than 20 and highway not more than 22. I am very disappointed in the fuel consumption of this vehicle. Is there anything I can do? The dealer has no suggestions.

Rabbit raises the bar
By Harley on 03/07/08 21:29 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

For some reason (maybe reading a lot of hype) I was focused on the Mazda3. Well, forget about it! My 2007 Rabbit 2dr. is superior in EVERY way, except gas mileage. That's fine with me. Do not buy any Mazda3 until you drive the comparable Rabbit, now made in Germany. Compared to everything else in its class, the Rabbit sets the standard, no matter what you read or hear elsewhere. It is a great car for those of us who enjoy driving.

WoW
By dave farviknugen on 01/31/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

For sure will get speeding tickets cause its way fun, surprised haven't been stopped. Yet. Should be the best selling car in America. Canoes and kayaks fit fine on roof rack. Lots of stuff in back. Back seat is better than previous years VWs. Did I say this is fun?