2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: 2007 Rabbit

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

2007 Rabbit
By Uncle B on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I like it so far. I've only had it for a few weeks. It doesn't get the gas mileage stated but I was also told that it would take a few thousand miles for the engine to break in and then I would get the good gas mileage. It's getting about 23-24 mpg and I drive mostly around town. I noted some of my dislikes below but for the most part VW really did it right and most of it is all standard. That is what I love most is that all the "extra" features are already standard on this vehicle!! I show mine off to friends and they all ask how much this or that cost me extra and I say "Nothing!"

Favorite Features

My wife loves the heated seats. I love the 6 Disc CD changer and the red lights that glow just enough from over head to allow you to see the interior at night without it being a distraction. I also love the color of the stereo, dash and interior lights and the Tiptronic Auto Shift control.

Suggested Improvements

My wife hates the reclining mechanism on the passenger side. It's not a lever, it's a dial. I haven't tried it but she says it's hard to recline. Also, it only has one trip meter, not a trip A and Trip B. Also, I wish it had on steering wheel stereo controls. Pretty much, VW thought of everything else.