2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: 2007 Rabbit

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

2007 Rabbit
By Uncle B on

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I like it so far. I've only had it for a few weeks. It doesn't get the gas mileage stated but I was also told that it would take a few thousand miles for the engine to break in and then I would get the good gas mileage. It's getting about 23-24 mpg and I drive mostly around town. I noted some of my dislikes below but for the most part VW really did it right and most of it is all standard. That is what I love most is that all the "extra" features are already standard on this vehicle!! I show mine off to friends and they all ask how much this or that cost me extra and I say "Nothing!"

My wife loves the heated seats. I love the 6 Disc CD changer and the red lights that glow just enough from over head to allow you to see the interior at night without it being a distraction. I also love the color of the stereo, dash and interior lights and the Tiptronic Auto Shift control.

My wife hates the reclining mechanism on the passenger side. It's not a lever, it's a dial. I haven't tried it but she says it's hard to recline. Also, it only has one trip meter, not a trip A and Trip B. Also, I wish it had on steering wheel stereo controls. Pretty much, VW thought of everything else.