2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
A Lot of Pep in the Engine
By chadfoo on 09/24/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Rabbit is an oustanding vehicle that is built solidly. It has great engine performance, a suspension that absorbs most road bumps, and it glides on the highway at high speeds. You get many standard features that are optional in most cars at this price. The hatchback is very versatile and spacious. I negotiated the price down to $16,000 with auto trans only. Consumer Reports' bottom line price was $15,760, so use that as a reference. Its power steering is something else, its turning radius perfect. The gas mileage could be better, but with the engine they have included that is shared with the Jetta and Passat, it might worth the extra money spent on gas. The 6-speed transmission automaticly shifts smoothly. I highly recommend this car.

Great Value
By Ohio Jim on 09/13/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought a base manual 2007 Rabbit and was surprised at how much equipment comes standard. It has power locks/windows and an MP3 player for example. To get that in a Civic I would have paid at least $3,000 more. Of course, with VW if all that still works in seven years I'll be stunned. They definitely used some cheap plastics in the interior. I've eyed three things that will surely be broken before the warranty is up. The poor quality history not withstanding, a great car for the money, mainly because the performance is fantastic. It is just plain fun to drive. If I wasn't so scared of the quality issues and notorious electrical problems I would have opted for the Tiptronic auto that I test drove - that thing rocked!

First German Car, Love It
By calpolyrabbit on 09/09/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was excited to own my first very own car a few months ago when I bought a Scion xA in automatic. After being rear ended and having the car declared totaled, I ended up buying the Rabbit in manual 2 door paying about a grand more than I did for my xA. I think this car drives and feels much more luxrious and upscale to the xA and '01 Civic LX of my past. Though it is harder when trying to fit people in the back only having 2 doors, Then have plenty of room back there. I am one who likes buying cars from manufacturers who builds cars in their country as my xA was made in Japan (Toyota). The Rabbits are currently made in Wolfsberg, Germany. I am sincerely impressed with my purchase.

I Love My Bunny
By dragonlips on 09/08/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My only complaint really is that they seem to feel drivers of the 4 door model should be more comfortable than those of the 2 door model. The seat in the two door Rabbit is not as adjustable and it is missing the front middle arm rest. Otherwise, I love the car. I have had it for four weeks now and already need to get it in for it's 5,000 mile check-up! Oh and of course the dealership had no clue (anyone) about the stereo input.

My First Car, LONG AWAITED!
By Hop-A-Long on 09/03/06 05:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I had been waiting for VW to launch this NEW GOLF V for the past three years. I researched the car for a very long time. Being built in Germany at the Wolfsburg plant, she really is a IMPORT! I have the 4dr auto with Tiptronic, and I LOVE IT. Now that it has arrived it has been dubbed the Rabbit! Even better, the legendary car IS BACK! And with this car, the legacy lives on. The look, the feel, this car has it all. VW has hit a big home run with the new Rabbit. The 4-door version has LOTS of room. When people get inside they just look around puzzled that though small on the outside, it is very vast on the inside! The Tiptronic 6-speed transmission is fun, fun, fun! The new 150 hp engine also kicks hard. Don't let this 'lil car fool ya. Hop, Hop.

Love It!
By VW on 09/01/06 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have over 3000 kms. on it and love it more every day. This is my 6th car (4th VW) and is my favorite by far. I love the handling, acceleration, looks, interior, and especially how quiet it is. It has tons of room inside and I really like how everything is laid out inside. I actually like the cruise on the stick and it is very easy to use (unlike previous Jetta models). It makes for a cleaner looking steering wheel. I have had absolutely no problems so far. It is built like a tank.

Great Car to Drive
By JpL322 on 08/23/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first VW I have owned and my previous car was a '91 Honda Accord. I love the preformance of the 2.5L engine paired with the manual transmission. The interior is deceptively roomy to me (6'2"). The quality of construction is the best that I have seen from all of the car companies I have shopped (Dodge, Chevy, Honda, Toyota). This car is by far exceptional in quality, options, and preformance for the price.

First Review
By Greyman99 on 08/21/06 15:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have only owned my Rabbit for a couple of weeks, but already know I will not regret the purchase. It is sensible for an in-city driver like me (3-5 miles/day most days). You get a lot of car for a little price, without throwing the extra $6,000 down for the GTI version. This car is very stylish and remarkably roomy inside (my parents are jealous--they have a new Beetle). Plus, unlike a lot of the 2-door Hatchbacks coming out (the Yaris at $11,000--ha--only if you barely have air-conditioning), the Rabbit comes pretty loaded at the base package. It has power everything, cruise control, etc. I am looking forward to the accessories packages to outfit the base model (be warned: floor mats are not standard, for some reason).

Run Rabbit Run
By red07vdub on 08/12/06 15:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

At first I didn't know if I liked the new Rabbit, then I went on a test drive in one. I never thought that the 5-cylinder engine would have that much pep to it. They also did the trick with having a lot of features in the standard base priced model. Not only is the car affordable, it gives you more than you money's worth in fuel economy and the options. I love my new Rabbit.

A Blast to Drive
By Chicago VW Fan on 08/10/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2007 Rabbit 2.5 5-door on 8-5-06. I went to a great dealer with great salespeople. This is our fifth VW. This car's fit and finish are superior. I am impressed with its numerous safety features - see IIHS for crash test results. Its 5-speed manual transmission is smooth and slick. Its handling is awesome - it really hugs the roads. Its accelleration very pleasing as well - especially with the 5-speed. The interior materials are first class. The rear seat leg room comfy for a 6-footer. Its cargo area spacious. I use this vehicle to drive to work - 40 miles round-trip. So far it is averaging about 28/29 mpg mix city/hwy. This is one well-built-fun to drive-good looking automobile. Hats off to VW.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.