Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

A dream machine for a student!
By Andrew

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I had never driven a VW two weeks ago. After the test drive, I was sold. Build quality is amazing. Driving it is a joy. The 2.5 PZEV 5M is no slouch. Much more than "acceptable," well beyond "competent." Not a racecar, but great torque, and amazing responsiveness in all the conditions its been through so far. For the price, I would say that my Rabbit is an amazing blend of performance, comfort, and quality. I can't even describe the feeling one gets while driving it. During the test drive, I just wanted to laugh maniacally. On paper, it doesn't look like much of an edge over the Versa, Yaris, Fit, or tC, other than performance. In person, it feels like a whole new class of vehicle.

Standard feature list is better than competition. Comfort and build quality, road feel (can't stress this enough!). Stock performance satisfying. PZEV makes me feel better about getting such mediocre gas mileage. Utility of the hatch is awesome.

I'm gonna go in two opposite directions here. Firstly, I wouldn't mind slightly better mpg (I don't drive responsively, and I'm getting ~18mpg). Secondly, I know this isn't a GTI, but I can't help but think about what a beast this thing would be with a turbo. Engine is cousin to gallardo motor.

Bounce into a Rabbit!
By MisterB

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my Rabbit at the end of the MY, and having driven it for 2000+ miles so far, I find that it's an amazing car. Responsive, nimble, roomy, and stylish. I can't say enough good things about this car. If I had to buy a car all over again, this would be the car.

My number one favorite feature is the engine. A 2.5L inline 5 cylinder. It's got plenty of torque for the size of the car, which makes it quick little hopper. The storage space, intuitive controls, and convenience features really sold me on the rest of the car.

My only complaint is the seat, which is plenty comfortable, but restricts the underside of my clutch-side thigh when shifting gears. I may not have found that "sweet spot" in the adjustments, however. The radio is also less that stellar. It's adequate, sure, but could stand some more "flair."

07 Rabbit
By Fossa

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Very nice car loaded with features. I just wish the 2.5 engine had a better performance overall. It could be quicker and more fuel efficient. However the car is still a lot of fun to drive. Put some 18"s on it and it will be the best looking hatchback around.

Trunk opener, interior design, turn signals.

Get more horsepower out of the 2.5 engine.

Best Subcompact out there
By BP

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Everything about this car is positive. The interior is great, the exterior is nice, and the engine is peppy.the interior is very good build quality, perhaps even upscale. The sunroof works great. Some say that it gets bad MPG, but in the real world, it only gets about 2-3 mpg less than those Japanese models that sacrifice everything to get 28 mpg in the city (real world, EPA for 2007 has been known to be inaccurate). Depending on the day, I get from 24-26 mpg in the city, and 27-32 mpg on the highway. I would rather drive a comfortable, safe, great handling, and good looking car than one that is small, uncomfortable, and one that has lackluster handling.

A sunroof, power everything, awesome interior, and great handling for the same price as the competitors. The six speed transmission is also much better than the old 4 speeds that they use.

Perhaps leather to complete the upscale feel? The cloth seats are VERY comfortable though.

Great Rabbit... Cant wait for the 2008!
By jm

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I test drove all of the subcompacts that are available. I test drove them all, and came down to the conclusion that I would rather have an inexpensive car with a 6 (not 4) speed transmission, an upscale interior, a more powerful engine that can actually pass on the highway, more interior space, more comfortable seats, and better handling. This car is also much, much safer than the other competitors, especially with all of the massive SUVs out there now. We have had absolutely no problems with this car after almost 5000 miles! I would definitely buy another! My wife likes mine so much that she is going to take mine and I am going to trade in her 2005 civic for a 2008 rabbit 4dr automatic.

Handling, SAFETY, upscale interior for the price, power everything for lower than what the other guys charge, 6 speed transmission.

Center arm rest standard. You can easily add one with the MP3 compatibility package, so its not a big problem. Other than that, nothing else.