2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Bunny!
By trtl182 on 11/11/06 10:06 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I looked at a few different vehicles like the Mazda3, Honda Fit, and Nissan Versa...and none of them fit like the Bunny does for me. The moment I laid eyes on it, I was in love. The car drives great, feels great inside, and is just all around fun to drive. Now that I've had it a month, there are a few things I've noticed. Its gas mileage has been 20 / 25 mpg, it has some odd noises here and there from the pedals, and the stereo seems like it is possessed at times. Other than that, it is packed with a lot of things that I wouldn't have expected for the price. And I get a guitar...what could be better?

Has It All
By Marty on 11/07/06 08:49 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have been researching the hatchback market for awhile and finally settled into a 4-door Rabbit. It's superior in so many ways to the Dodge Caliber, Toyota Matrix, Honda Civic and Mazda 3. I love it's looks, refined interior, long list of standard features, performance, ride, fit & finish and how it is so quiet. It has everything I'd want in a car at a very reasonable price. It is a small economical car with NO compromises.

Better than its competitors...
By JDyck on 11/01/06 14:24 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Simply put, this car blows away the competition with its combination of build quality, design, safety, and standard features. 'Nuff said.

Yeah!
By sunni01134 on 10/29/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2000 Golf for my new Rabbit, and although I technically "downsized" since I went from a "fully-loaded" Golf GLS to a "base-model" Rabbit, I do not feel like I am missing anything (except the sunroof, but oh well). The standard features on the Rabbit are great. I got the added ESP system and the 16" alloy wheels, but the features built in are awesome. The dash is redesigned and great, the passenger room is much more spacious, although the truck lost some space, but thats cool. The brushed chrome also looks awesome on black. Thanks to VW for bringing back the black on black interior. I was scared that I would end up with that stupid back on beige. Go buy yourself one :)

Hip to the Hizot
By eldaino on 10/25/06 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Rabbit is wonderful. It has such a solid feel to it, you won't be able to find a more solid feeling car in it's price range or even a bit above. The gas mileage may not be amazing in this class, but most other cars on this class don't have five cylinders either. I wish the redline was higher but other than that power is fine. This car is very peppy, if it was any lighter it would be too fast! It has great interior ergonomics and quality materials are used throughout. It is better than my '06 Civic. It is not as futuristic, but the build quality actually feels nicer. It has nice handling, not too harsh and sporty but no wimp either. It is very pleasant, fun, and a great buy plus it comes with a great warranty. I love my Rabbit!

Great European Car
By Bogdan G. on 10/25/06 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I previously had a 2002 VW GTI and loved the car. The only reason that I didn't go with the GTI but with the Rabbit is because there is no 4-door on the GTI (I know they have it in Europe). In my opinion it is the best car in its class. It looks great, feels solid, drives sporty, has a roomy and classy interior.

So Far I Love It!
By JS on 10/21/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about a month and so far I'm thrilled with my purchase. Everyone notices this car and asks me what it is. I am not very tall, but the Rabbit has great visibility. VW rates the fuel efficiency as 22 city/30 hwy, but I've been getting around 24-26 city mpg. I'm very pleased with the acceleration of the inline 5-cyl. engine, yet it still has decent fuel efficiency. It is roomier than expected and has a lot of cool creature comforts. This car has a lot of bang for the buck. All the safety features are STANDARD, while other cars I tested had extra charges for side airbags and ABS and traction control. This car had the most features for the best price.

I Love this Car, It's a Great Value
By Aaron on 09/28/06 22:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Three weeks and two tanks of gas later I can say I have loved every minute in this car (especially at night ... you'll see). Although I do have to say it's been a real challenge driving moderately to break in the engine. Three weeks without redlining or driving full-throttle is absolute torture in this car. You can get up to 50 mph in second gear (and it's hard to keep it under that speed). I'm happy to report that the car's gas mileage is better than expected. The first tank of vigorous city driving achieved 24.7 mpg. The second tank I drove moderately (which equals somewhat aggressive driving to me), about 30% / 70% city / hwy driving. I achieved 30.3 mpg. This car has solid handling, performance, and a reasonable price.

Great Car
By portagekix on 09/24/06 21:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely great. I bought it last week, and I have just crossed over 100 miles. I have a manual tranny, and it is simply a blast. to drive I can't wait for the break-in period to end. The stereo is loud with the stock ten speakers (the Honda Civic I drove had six, and it's not even close). This vehicle comes with every safety feature you could want, and it is the base model. I would suggest getting rims. Mine came with 16 inch rims, and it just gives the car a better finish. This is my first new car. Anyone considering it against a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan needs to know the choice isn't even close. VW's feel more finished and polished. They are also much more fun to drive.

A Lot of Pep in the Engine
By chadfoo on 09/24/06 06:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Rabbit is an oustanding vehicle that is built solidly. It has great engine performance, a suspension that absorbs most road bumps, and it glides on the highway at high speeds. You get many standard features that are optional in most cars at this price. The hatchback is very versatile and spacious. I negotiated the price down to $16,000 with auto trans only. Consumer Reports' bottom line price was $15,760, so use that as a reference. Its power steering is something else, its turning radius perfect. The gas mileage could be better, but with the engine they have included that is shared with the Jetta and Passat, it might worth the extra money spent on gas. The 6-speed transmission automaticly shifts smoothly. I highly recommend this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.