Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

Experience "Echtes Fahrvergnügen"
By Liz Wolf

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have driven many cars in my 50 years; my Rabbit tops them all! Zip, zip, zippedy zip, in and out of parking spaces, in and out of traffic in a jiffy. Rabbit loves curves. One day I will get a traffic ticket for speeding, since Rabbit does not want to go slow or follow anyone and I just can't control it. Maybe Cesar Millan can help make it calm and assertive, not mildly aggressive :)

Favorite Features

Touch turnsignal feature: you touch the turn signal arm once and the turn signal will blink for you three times. Excellent for lane changes or send thank you blinks to truckers. :) Both front windows are auto up and down. Mirrors have turn signal lights, so you know when you left your blinker on.

Suggested Improvements

An armrest in the front, a little something to rest your elbow on. I know we are supposed to drive in the 10 and 2 position, but realistically, especially on long drives, I want to slouch a bit.

Wow, What a Fun Car!
By garyeaston

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I test drove other cars in the same class (Corolla, Civic, etc.). Boy, are those cars "Mom and Pop" compared to the Rabbit! Let's start with the car's performance - it is simply hard to drive this car "normally", especially with the shiftable auto trans and Sport Mode! If I drive it fast and hard, gas mileage stays to the low end of what the sticker says (22), no big deal. If I drive "normally", I get 25 city/30 hwy MPG consistently. The car is incredibly fun to drive and has tight build quality. This is my second VW (Passat previously). Very happy with the car.

Favorite Features

Performance, build quality, handling, safety, seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of much considering what the car cost!

Great Car!!
By pepo

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just purchased the Rabbit and I love it. It's my first VW and my first german car. Before this I had a Integra GS-R and I get the same if not better gas mileage in my Rabbit. This car has more torque than that car so it gets up and goes right away.

Favorite Features

The iPod player. It sounds great I had one that you had to plug in the lighter and find a radio station it sounded like crap. Now it sounds great in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Right now I can't think of any. I really like this car. Good job Volkswagen.

A car with character
By emseearr

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Very briefly, I've owned this car for two weeks and I am very happy with it so far. This is my second car, a big step up from my first, a 2003 Hyundai Elantra sedan. Overall, I feel this is a very well-designed and well-engineered car with some quirks, endearing and otherwise. I think it's style, performance and overall charming character more than make up for its few, unfortunate, shortcomings.

Favorite Features

The car is full of features that suggest real thought went into its design. The lane-changer signal, a/c diffuser vent and auto-opening windows are welcome features in this class. It's engine is gutsy, not uncommon for $17k, but its pep comes with atypical poise. It is simply fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had a center armrest, and the iPod adapter could use more features. I have noticed an intermittent rattle in the dashboard, but turning the radio up a click solves it, atleast until I get it looked at. My 10 for reliability is probably optimistic, but the car feels solid so far.

Never Again
By Jason Reid

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my second VW. Now after I sold my first Golf I missed that car for over 5 years so it was apparent that i would buy another VW when I could. The car rides and handles great but my buddy gets better fuel mileage in his 2002 Toyota 4Runner. My Rabbit has stalled 9 times since ownership after a cold start in the middle of a busy highway, tell me that's safe. VW says that it's not throwing any codes and it seems to be working fine. Oh yeah it also has an automatic transmission, go figure. Yesterday I test drove a Nissan Versa which had more interior space but 28 less horsepower which I didn't even notice and better gas mileage. Just stay away from this car.

Favorite Features

Tap turn signal for lane change. Tiptronic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Crappy fuel milage. The famous Rabbit stall. Stay away from this car.