2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Great Hatchback
By Great Hatch on 12/09/06 19:39 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

For $15,000 how can you go wrong? I sell cars and I learn a lot in the business when it comes down to the fit and finish of a car. Besides the Honda Fit, this is the best bang for your buck. The power is untouched by any of the competition. Most cars in this segment have 110 HP. When it comes down to the interior quality build, you have a car with high quality material and of course a lot of features you would have to pay more for in other cars. This is the best $15,000 brand new car you can have. The only downside is the gas mileage, but who really cars when you compare the fun factor of a 150 hp car to a 110 hp car. Get one.

My New 2007 Rabbit
By Rabbit Girl on 12/08/06 11:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Going from a 2003 Jetta 1.8T with 180 hp, my new Rabbit is a bit of a change. The peppiness isn't as much as my previous Turbo Jetta and the tires are not very smooth. Its ride is a bit noisy with the 5-cyl engine. Other then that, it isn't too bad for the price. It is better than a Japanese vehicle, despite what they always say about reliability. The Rabbit has it.

'07 Rabbit 4dr auto
By steve on 12/03/06 10:43 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had my '07 Rabbit for over a month now and it's been great. I test drove many cars in this segment such as the Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, and Hyundai Elantra just to name a few. The rabbit was by far the best value as far as safety and standard features for the money are concerned. This is a car that I actually look forward to driving. It feels and drives like I spent twice as much as I did. It feels like a BMW 3-Series at half the cost. This is my first German car and I am very impressed. This really is a driver's car. It's a very well built, solid, fun to drive car with every safety feature in the book and a great warranty to match. What more can you ask for? I think VW has begun to turn things around with Rabbit.

2007 Rabbit 2.5
By kendall on 12/02/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned my Rabbit for one month now. I've put just over 1,100 miles on it and have loved every minute of it. The car is responsive and fun to drive. I'm really happy with my Rabbit. I just wish it got better gas mileage. I drive 30 miles one way to work every day. So far I have been getting around 25 MPG average.

Ram 2 Rabbit
By Mike in PA on 11/29/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded a Dodge Ram 4x4 for this Sage Green Rabbit. The other cars in my house are the 325xi and 525i. This is no BMW, but it is one heckuva fun way to get 30 mpg and decent urban transportation. It has tons of room for 6' 2" me and even my 6' kid in the backseat. My first fill up was 28 mpg and that's with an automatic. It is a little noisy on the highway, but it's a $16,000 car, not a $40,000 BMW. Its utility, mpg, maneuverability, and feel are great.

Loving it!
By Hopping happy! on 11/27/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. The handling is great. The head room is spectacular, and I am 6' 2''. The amenities are unbeatable for the $15,000 price tag. Its highway gas mileage of 30 mpg is acceptable for a car that has this much pep. The 5-speed shifts smoothly. The car is a blast to drive, and corners superbly.

Gas Leak...Anybody
By Gina on 11/25/06 10:10 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just bought the 2dr manual, sage green Rabbit. I absolutely loved it until yesterday when suddenly the car left me in the middle of an intersection and gas started leaking from underneath the passenger's seat. I have 788 miles on the car. So much for German quality control? Anybody out there has experienced the same thing?

More Car for Your Money!
By Mauri Trevino on 11/25/06 09:35 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Civic? Mazda3? Rabbit? I too looked at each, but in the end the Rabbit was simply better. Feel the solid laser-welded construction of the Rabbit over a rough road. No goofy-fad interior either, clean, functional design with everything in clear view and reach. The most underrated: the engine. Some say 2.5L should have more horsepower, but then they haven't felt the Rabbit's torque. It pulls strong without winding revs. The 2.5L engine allows torque on tap and makes the driving experience something the others can't touch. Who wants to rev to 7,000 every time you want to pass? Not the people driving Rabbits! Oh, about the weight, yes its a little high but check out the crash test ratings. More metal is safer!

Don't Let the Name Fool You
By af britton on 11/22/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I used to drive a Suzuki Forenza. Don't get me wrong, that was a nice car but there was no aftermarket parts and no horsepower or performance in that car at all. The new Rabbit beats out any car you can find for the price. With the new engine being in the Jetta also you can find all kinds of parts for it. VW makes a number of cosmetic parts which lets you make your car unique. There are a lot of cars out there now days that say they get incredible gas mileage. I have driven those cars and I am not going to pay up to $10,000 more for a lot less of a car. This car get great gas mileage. I am very pleased with what VW has done.

The Wait is Finaly Over! Gotcha!
By Kqwen Plasencia on 11/21/06 16:11 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I remember the earlier GTI Rabbit and dreamed of it's return. I went from an '02 Golf GLS to an '05 Jetta GLS (prior to march '05) waiting for more horsepower at an affordable price. I was able to opt out of my current lease and purchase the 2007 Rabbit. The car handles like a dream. It pounces on command, zips when needed and delivers a smooth transition into cruise control, an upgrade in my eyes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.