Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

Worth the money when compared
By Cdog64

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had the Rabbit for 1600 miles and have enjoyed the drive. The fit of the car is good. The perfomance is great. The comfort is good. The 2.5 with the auto is a fantastic match. I have had plenty of go when needed. You have to watch your speed til you get used to the ride at speed (you'll be doing 80 before you realize it). The Rabbit's handling is very responsive with good road feel. When the weather is bad there is no problem either. The sound system is very good and easy to set up. I'm 6'2 and 250 and fit in the seats comfortably. The car has more room than you think. All in all I have enjoyed this car a lot and find myself smiling when driving. Drive it and compare.

The 5cyl with the auto 6sp.

Make cargo mat and floormats standard.

Experience "Echtes Fahrvergnügen"
By Liz Wolf

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have driven many cars in my 50 years; my Rabbit tops them all! Zip, zip, zippedy zip, in and out of parking spaces, in and out of traffic in a jiffy. Rabbit loves curves. One day I will get a traffic ticket for speeding, since Rabbit does not want to go slow or follow anyone and I just can't control it. Maybe Cesar Millan can help make it calm and assertive, not mildly aggressive :)

Touch turnsignal feature: you touch the turn signal arm once and the turn signal will blink for you three times. Excellent for lane changes or send thank you blinks to truckers. :) Both front windows are auto up and down. Mirrors have turn signal lights, so you know when you left your blinker on.

An armrest in the front, a little something to rest your elbow on. I know we are supposed to drive in the 10 and 2 position, but realistically, especially on long drives, I want to slouch a bit.

Wow, What a Fun Car!
By garyeaston

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I test drove other cars in the same class (Corolla, Civic, etc.). Boy, are those cars "Mom and Pop" compared to the Rabbit! Let's start with the car's performance - it is simply hard to drive this car "normally", especially with the shiftable auto trans and Sport Mode! If I drive it fast and hard, gas mileage stays to the low end of what the sticker says (22), no big deal. If I drive "normally", I get 25 city/30 hwy MPG consistently. The car is incredibly fun to drive and has tight build quality. This is my second VW (Passat previously). Very happy with the car.

Performance, build quality, handling, safety, seat comfort.

Can't think of much considering what the car cost!

Great Car!!
By pepo

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just purchased the Rabbit and I love it. It's my first VW and my first german car. Before this I had a Integra GS-R and I get the same if not better gas mileage in my Rabbit. This car has more torque than that car so it gets up and goes right away.

The iPod player. It sounds great I had one that you had to plug in the lighter and find a radio station it sounded like crap. Now it sounds great in the car.

Right now I can't think of any. I really like this car. Good job Volkswagen.

A car with character
By emseearr

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Very briefly, I've owned this car for two weeks and I am very happy with it so far. This is my second car, a big step up from my first, a 2003 Hyundai Elantra sedan. Overall, I feel this is a very well-designed and well-engineered car with some quirks, endearing and otherwise. I think it's style, performance and overall charming character more than make up for its few, unfortunate, shortcomings.

The car is full of features that suggest real thought went into its design. The lane-changer signal, a/c diffuser vent and auto-opening windows are welcome features in this class. It's engine is gutsy, not uncommon for $17k, but its pep comes with atypical poise. It is simply fun to drive.

Wish it had a center armrest, and the iPod adapter could use more features. I have noticed an intermittent rattle in the dashboard, but turning the radio up a click solves it, atleast until I get it looked at. My 10 for reliability is probably optimistic, but the car feels solid so far.