2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
The Rabbit is a Wonderful Car!
By k8er07 on 01/29/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The Rabbit is not only an attractive car, it is very safe. I was in an accident, and it saved my life. The Rabbit is very affordable, and is the perfect car for the city, a student, or especially someone directly out of school.

Awesome Compact Car
By ben on 01/28/07 16:12 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is better than any other compact car in the market today. It is awesome and I recommend it to anyone. It's priced a little bit higher than other compacts, but it has sooooooooooo many additional features that cars in a higher class have.

Love It!
By budderfly on 01/26/07 20:22 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am one of those uncommon Americans that loves hatchbacks! I love the engine they put in these cars as well. It is very speedy, smooth and quiet. It has a nice interior, beautiful paint (United Gray in my case), and it is overall practical and classy. Nothing seems garish or cheesy about this car. I decided on the Rabbit over a Mini Cooper. I seriously inquired and test drove both cars. The Cooper was cool, but the engine lacked, and the styling struck me as over the top (semi-tacky). I also felt cramped and bit frightened for my safety. Traded in my 2005 Jetta. I get 25-30 mpg mostly highway driving. To me that is fairly decent, especially since the car is a 5 cylinder 2.5L.

Get Up-N-Go
By Craig Vedder on 01/19/07 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the pick up of the 2.5L Rabbit. This is also matched with a great feel of the road and the perfect amount of engine noise. It handles great and the seats are nice and snug to your body. The interior has a better fit and finish then a lot of the high end lines out there. Detail is key for me - they even put little VW logo's on the headlight assembly.

Super Safe
By Megan on 01/08/07 17:39 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

After three months of driving my 5-speed, two door Rabbit I was in love with it. That is until last week when someone t-boned me at about 60 miles an hour. After the car spun 360 degrees, I got out and walked away. I work at a personal injury law firm and have seen plenty of similar accidents where people have permanent injuries, and all I ended up with was seatbelt burn. For the money, you can't get a better quality or safer car. I can guarantee when I get my settlement check from the insurance company I'll be buying myself another Rabbit.

2007 Rabbit
By Uncle B on 12/27/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I like it so far. I've only had it for a few weeks. It doesn't get the gas mileage stated but I was also told that it would take a few thousand miles for the engine to break in and then I would get the good gas mileage. It's getting about 23-24 mpg and I drive mostly around town. I noted some of my dislikes below but for the most part VW really did it right and most of it is all standard. That is what I love most is that all the "extra" features are already standard on this vehicle!! I show mine off to friends and they all ask how much this or that cost me extra and I say "Nothing!"

Jack Rabbit
By noodles on 12/20/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is an awesome little car, that's fun to drive. It has some pep to it. It has good cargo space and can haul 2 6' tall guys in the backseat comfortably.

More Than Expected
By Brandon on 12/10/06 22:45 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After searching for a low priced second car I couldn't have been more pleased with my selection. The Rabbit is a powerful, well equipped, and fun to drive vehicle. The commute to work is somewhat enjoyable while zipping through traffic in my sporty new VW. After driving a Hyundai Accent, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, and a Scion xA, I drove the Rabbit. Needless to say this car outperformed them all and had all the safety and convenience features included in the price. The Civic and the Hyundai had a/c available for an extra $900, what a deal! I'm happy with my purchase and I feel safe driving my two young children in this car.

Good Car, but Traded it in Two Months Later
By A. Kaplan on 12/10/06 15:17 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I fell in love with the Rabbit when I first saw it, and probably bought it too quickly (especially with the great trade-in offer and the deal I got). After about 3,500 miles, I decided the car wasn't for me. I lost about $2,500 on the car but bought a fantastic 2004 Saab 9-3 lightly used for roughly the same price (what Rabbits are retailing for). I just didn't enjoy the ride, everything "makes sense," and on paper the Rabbit is a technical marvel, but it's also not very fun to drive. Also, the gas mileage leaves A LOT to be desired. My new car gets 35 miles to the gallon on the highway and is faster, while the rabbit averaged 27 mpg on a 1,500 mile all-highway trip.

More Car for the Money
By jim on 12/09/06 22:08 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am very impressed by this vehicle's performance capabilities. It picks up quick when you need the power. It was between the Matrix and the Rabbit. Both were similarly priced, but the Rabbit came in a bit less expensive and it is more fun to drive. This is my second Golf (Rabbit). My first Golf was purchased new in 1987. I had that car for over ten years. I finally sold it to a friend. We are still friends, haha.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.