Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

Awesome Car!
By savxms

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had the rabbit for just about a year and it has been awesome. Everything about the car is great. Have not had any problems and made a trip a long road trip and the ride was very comfortable and smooth. definitely prefer this car.

Favorite Features

turning signals on mirrors, ipod input, cruise control, heated mirrors, awesome handling

Suggested Improvements

A 6th gear for the manual transmission RPM get a little high towards parkway speeds, and offer the same accessories that are on the 4 door to the 2 door.

Reliable but Raucous
By neil

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought an '07 4-door right off the showroom floor, black with the 17" V-Vision wheels (I was hooked). This is my third VW, and the other two ('78 Rabbit, '88 Fox) were bulletproof. I compared the Mazda3, and the Rabbit offers far more features, refinement, and power (the 2.5L has terrific torque) for the money. Since October 2006, I've put 20,000 miles on it (18,000 miles in the first year). It feels like a budget Audi. What sinks it are the rattles (see Suggested Improvements). I've had it to the dealer once; whatever they did only muted the rattles a little bit for a little while. No new car should rattle this much. I've had numerous Fords (no paragons of quality) that were far quieter.

Favorite Features

Automatic Sport mode (use it daily); high-calibar interior materials; soothing blue & red dash lighting; one- touch up & down on all 4 windows; sunroof; heated seats (great feature in this price class & warm up quickly!); integrated hatch release/VW logo (clever design); large door pockets

Suggested Improvements

Dash rattles (seem to come from all vents) are an almost constant irritation; lousy radio reception (goes Mono on local stations in a major market); bass sometimes booms unexpectedly; high road noise on coarse pavement (17" wheels); downshifts under hard acceleration are jarring as it drops 2 gears

Waste of Time and Money
By Groot

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought one of these for my wife a year ago and we are getting rid of it with under 17,000 miles on it. We are still upside down in the vehicle, and it is spending more time at the dealership than at our house. And for some reason the dealership is putting around 200 miles on it while trying to fix a problem with the idling. The vehicle has been a problem since the month after we got it and our dealership seems to be making little if no effort to fix the problem.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, base model has lots of nice features (window defrosters, turn signals on mirrors, display, safety features).

Suggested Improvements

Grossly unreliable, horrible service, cramped for anyone over 5'6", who decided to put the aux jack in the glove box? This vehicle is not worth the hassle, my wife has spent more time dumping gas money into Jettas and Passats (loaners) than she has in her own car.

Zippy car!
By VWGryph24

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I give it an excellent rating! Man that Mark 5 Rabbit is such a zippy car. It may not be as powerful as its big brother, the GTI, but it has plenty of spunk. In Sport mode its even more zippy!

Favorite Features

Sport mode, iPod adapter in the center armrest. Gotta love the VW logo in the back of the car. The 2.5 engine whine!

Suggested Improvements

A few annoying blindspots, like the one right where the seatbelt is attached to, as well as the driver side. Other then that, its awesome!

Volkswagen hits the mark
By JTC

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my 07 Rabbit 2dr in July and the car is incredibly comfortable, roomy, the engine is incredibly powerful and the overall quality is impressive. I test drove the Mazda3 Honda civic, and Scion and the Rabbit's engineering and quality are definitely outstanding compared to it's competitors. At 2000 miles I have had no problems whatsoever and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. Definitely best car purchase I've made in a while.

Favorite Features

Superior quality, electro-magnetic power steering (awesome), powerful engine, comfort, basically everything.

Suggested Improvements

The inline five's surprising power no doubt will tempt your need for speed, making gas mileage lower than some of its competitors.