2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Luv My Bunny
By Lori on 02/23/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've always driven old Volvos, but last year after spending a month in Munich I became a fan of German engineering. I have not been disappointed in my new Rabbit. I am in LOVE. It hugs the road and scoots around like a high performance sports car! Everyone that drives it adores it. It fits like a glove when driving. It's a real drivers' car. It great in the snowy Vermont winters (get Nokian tires).

The Rabbit Rocks
By joe on 02/23/07 10:56 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is one sweet ride. It has a great build, great power, and a great price.

Rattle, Rattle, Rattle
By Michael Berry on 02/20/07 21:25 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought an '07 Rabbit in Oct. '06. The car was great for the first 500 miles, after that a rattle started coming from the vents. I took it to the dealer and they said that the rattle was normal, they would glue the vents, but never fixed the problem. My model had the sunroof, the area with the controls would rattle. I took it to the dealer again and they never fixed it. The seat belts would rattle. The rear seat, drivers left was built in the factory with a latch that was to big. It would make a popping sound that drove me nuts. I took it to the dealer and they had my car for three days before telling me that they couldn't fix it. After about 2,000 miles, the fan blower would make random grinding noise. The moonroof would rattle and it makes a weird noise inside the car at 25-35 mph.

Unbeatable Value
By bwian on 02/16/07 22:49 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

From the moment I bought my Rabbit, I was smitten. The 2.5 liter engine growls a bit when you step on it (which i like), but otherwise is very quiet and responsive, even in 5th gear on the freeway. The seats are firm but comfy and the dash is laid out nicely. The red-on-violet instrument cluster is complemented nicely by the soft red interior lighting...quite sexy. I didn't think the one-tap lane-change feature was such a big deal until I used it. One tap and the turn signal blinks three times without having to hold it, nice. I whittled my original list of 12 cars down to 5 and then test drove them all. The Rabbit beat them all out in the price-to-value category, big time.

Rabbit vs. Mazda3 / Civic / Fit = Rabbit Wins
By gumpyoldman on 02/16/07 22:33 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I test drove a Fit, a Civic, Corolla, Matrix, Mazda3 and a Versa. The Rabbit was by far the most impressive of the bunch. I never though I'd own another VW but the Rabbit was far and away the better driving car so one is now in my driveway. Its gas mileage is better than I had expected and it handles really well. It is a great little snow car too!

Couldnt Find a Better Hatchback
By Matt on 02/04/07 07:54 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I tried to find a better deal on a hatchback used and domestic (even went to car auctions). This two door appears to have more room than the four door Focus. What sold me was the vast range of features and powertrain. It is a huge improvement from the Mark IV Golf with its four wheel independent, five cylinder, and a very smooth shifting six speed Tiptronic transmission for only $17,000! The plastics on the exterior protect exactly where the car would get bumped in parking lots. Plus it has traction control, heated mirrors, ABS, cruise control, six airbags, laser wielded frame, and daytime running lights...the list goes on. I would love to sell these for a living.

Rabbit is Right
By 2intwenty on 02/01/07 14:42 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased the Rabbit a week ago, and am enjoying the well-designed interior and great drive very much. I find the car very well-named as it feels very much like a quick and nimble little rabbit. My only caution is the engine noise, and I feel the 2.5 to be quite thrashy-rattling around 2,000-2,500 RPM under acceleration. I am sincerely hoping that this is not due to a developing engine problem. Time will tell and I will update periodically.

Vee Dub In Da Haus
By eldaino on 02/01/07 09:24 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

What a wonderful car. I have n complaints. It provides great bang for the buck. It's fun to drive and delivers unparalleled luxury and comfort for its price range. It has not let me down and I plan to run her into the ground.

Fun to Drive German Quality
By mikeg on 02/01/07 07:40 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love this little car, for it gets me to work every day with no problems. It has a sweet sounding 5-cyl. engine with decent gas mileage. Its very comfortable and I moved a lot of stuff into the hatch with the seats folded down. It comes fully loaded and I just added 16 inch rims to mine. VW for life!

The Rabbit is a Wonderful Car!
By k8er07 on 01/29/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The Rabbit is not only an attractive car, it is very safe. I was in an accident, and it saved my life. The Rabbit is very affordable, and is the perfect car for the city, a student, or especially someone directly out of school.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.