2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Mine's named Thumper!
By Musikfaery on 08/08/07 17:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I got my Rabbit a few months ago and absolutely LOVE it! My family has always driven Volkswagens and I'm no exception. It has great torque, super spacious insides for a two door, and it ultra sleek in design on the outside as well as in. My boyfriend is 6'2" and fits in the passenger seat comfortably, where as on the opposite spectrum, I am 5'4" and the seat and wheel adjust well for smaller build too. Recently took it on a 1,000 mile road trip and loved every minute of it! Great storage in the hatch, and all the options are wonderful, specially the mp3 hookup in the arm rest. The sparkly blue paint is great, and didn't cost a cent extra. Absolutely love my Thumper!!

A dream machine for a student!
By Andrew on 07/29/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I had never driven a VW two weeks ago. After the test drive, I was sold. Build quality is amazing. Driving it is a joy. The 2.5 PZEV 5M is no slouch. Much more than "acceptable," well beyond "competent." Not a racecar, but great torque, and amazing responsiveness in all the conditions its been through so far. For the price, I would say that my Rabbit is an amazing blend of performance, comfort, and quality. I can't even describe the feeling one gets while driving it. During the test drive, I just wanted to laugh maniacally. On paper, it doesn't look like much of an edge over the Versa, Yaris, Fit, or tC, other than performance. In person, it feels like a whole new class of vehicle.

A Solid Ride
By Icon_Daemon on 04/08/07 05:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2 dr Sage Green, ABS/ESP only, w/15" steel wheels: the basic model. The ride is smooth and competent in the corners at all speeds. The engine puts out a throaty growl during accel. The pickup is superb (150 hp, 170fp of tq.), and highway cruising is excellent, with plenty of power reserve for quick escapes or conversely, with surefooted 4-wheel disk brakes to slow you down on a dime. The interior is well thought out, with driver's controls well-placed. The console lighting is especially stylish at night. Seating adjustments for a variety of driver sizes is excellent, the headroom being the most obvious. Passengers do not miss out. Folding rear seats increase cargo space.

First German Car, Love It
By calpolyrabbit on 09/09/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was excited to own my first very own car a few months ago when I bought a Scion xA in automatic. After being rear ended and having the car declared totaled, I ended up buying the Rabbit in manual 2 door paying about a grand more than I did for my xA. I think this car drives and feels much more luxrious and upscale to the xA and '01 Civic LX of my past. Though it is harder when trying to fit people in the back only having 2 doors, Then have plenty of room back there. I am one who likes buying cars from manufacturers who builds cars in their country as my xA was made in Japan (Toyota). The Rabbits are currently made in Wolfsberg, Germany. I am sincerely impressed with my purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.