2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Falling in love... again.
By vwlogansrun on 04/11/14 15:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I'm now the daily driver of our 2007 4-Door Rabbit and just absolutely blown-away by it. We've had no major mechanical issues with it, ever. I just had spark plugs and a few things replaced and suddenly it is driving like new. For a car under $19k, the handling and acceleration is fantastic. It is bigger than our previous Golf and more solid overall. The engine, I'm told, borrows from a Lamborghini design. I'm not a racer but this is a quick car. Also room enough for groceries and two kids. A bit tight for a long road trip, but doable.

Great for tons of driving
By LongHairGuy240 on 02/11/10 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I deliver pizzas for a living. This car allows me to do that with ease. It's very fast. I can get from 0-90 in no time, on the freeway of course. It turns very easily, brakes just fine. I drive about 2500 miles a month, so the oil changes get expensive, but it's more than worth it. I blew up two cars because of oil change issues, so I'm being very careful with this one. I'm sure I'll be keeping this car for a long, long time. I'll most likely buy another after this one is finally dead.

Mein Hare!!!
By berlin58 on 09/03/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I searched a long time for a vehicle before I chose the Rabbit. I wanted something fun to drive, wasn't a gas guzzler, and foremost a car that I could be comfortable in. Being a rather large individual 6'5" tall and 245 lbs. basically eliminates me from about 90% of the cars in the market, and this includes a lot of trucks and suv's. However, the Rabbit has loads of room. I have more than enough leg room, headroom, and shoulder room. When are the Japanese and American car companies going to get it??? Kudos to VW for building a car that a variety of body types can fit in. I really love this car, it's a blast to drive and I look forward to my daily commute where as before I did not.

ROCKS!
By Kuya on 04/07/09 10:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I do not know why this people are saying bad thinks about this car!!! i was reading the reviews and ohh man.. i have never seen anything like that on my car. Good Performance, the Torque is great for this car. It handles pretty good. not problems with this car at all. Also, the oil change, you can do it in several places, like Goodyear, good people, good price for a synthetic oil. the brakes are really good, it could be better, but i cant complain. even i have driven my Stock Rabbit into a track race and it performs really good in corners. If you really take care of your car, and drive it responsible, you will receive response back from it!!! Love it!

DISSAPPOINTED
By BUNNY on 01/09/09 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I loved this car... Now I just can't wait to give it back! Seems like the problems just get worse. Air bag light is always on ... Got tired of getting it fixed. Electric Windows seem to have a mind of their own. Then the wipers, lets just say I had to change the motor. Now I have a epc starting problems... That no one seems to be able to figure it out. After reading all these reviews has me worrying able my brake pads... I guess it will never end until I get rid of this car :(

fun but flawed
By cpo on 11/18/08 11:22 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 07 Rabbit is a great car, very fun to drive and handles well. My MAJOR complaint is the brake system wears out the rear brake pads in record time. This seems to be a design flaw, based on my research. My rear brake pads are completely gone after 21,000 miles.

fantastic car
By radouane on 10/19/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It's a lovely car. I had one for the past 2 years and I can't say anything disappointing about it. Very fun to drive. I love the interior, especially the at night when I turn on the lights and see the blue and red well designed dashboard. I think it's the best in its class!

Good car, high operating costs
By christauph on 07/07/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Almost to 15k miles, awesome handling, awesome braking, decent acceleration (its a heavy car). The clutch and shifter feel great. Overall my experience with this car has been good, but a few build quality issues have arisen. The sheet metal seems to ding easily, I tend to park carefully but have received a disproportionate number of dings in the past year. Rattle started coming from the center HVAC stack at about 8k miles, dealer fixed. The plug for the spare tire compartment came loose and I had standing water , but luckily no rust, dealer replaced. Rear windshield sprayer is cheap, popped off once, dealer replaced. Routine service is EXPENSIVE (syn oil), and difficult to do yourself.

Geat Car
By Cbrown888 on 06/28/08 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Rented a Golf MKV in Budapest to drive down to Vienna and enjoyed the car so much that we bought one soon after we got back to NJ. The car has not been in the shop once since we've owned it since I do my own service work. The car is great on long trips and handles like a car twice it's price. Bought the Rabbit over the GTI since it doesn't need premium fuel like the turbo charged 2.0 motors. The interior space is excellent and really like the positioning of controls. The overall fit and finish is excellent and typical of a good European car. Overall we'll be keeping this car for a while since I usually get tired of cars pretty quickly

Could have been great...
By pikers on 06/03/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

At my first oil change I complained that the shift lever was violently shaking in 4th gear, so VW replaced the shift assembly. Things went well for a few months and then the shaking came back. I brought it back to the dealer for the 10k checkup and told them the shaking was back. To my amazement they told me they had to rebuild my transmission!! This should never happen with a manual gear box, especially one with 9500 miles on it. But it doesn't stop there. Today the automatic up/down feature for the windows stopped working. I've owned the car for a year and put 9500 miles on it and it has been in the shop for over 4 weeks in one year...not a good ratio if you asked me.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.