Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

Longest Car I Ever Owned
By smokeymaxwell

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 VW Rabbit from the dealer brand new in 2007. It was the base model with a manual 5 speed. What an awesome car for the money. It was quick, very responsive, had no bothersome stability control and was fun to drive. At most, I would keep a car around 1 to 2 years. I kept this Rabbit for 5 years because I loved it. The 2.5L engine was strong (I say this because the same engine in later years was de-tuned for gas mileage savings). The car never let me down, never made any weird noises, and was totally reliable. The hatch was convenient to use and fit a ton of stuff. The only thing I didn't like and changed right away was the factory radio. I put an aftermarket Alpine.

Seats, engine, suspension, driving dynamics, roomy interior, responsiveness, reliability.

Improve the radio and it's perfect.

Falling in love... again.
By vwlogansrun

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I'm now the daily driver of our 2007 4-Door Rabbit and just absolutely blown-away by it. We've had no major mechanical issues with it, ever. I just had spark plugs and a few things replaced and suddenly it is driving like new. For a car under $19k, the handling and acceleration is fantastic. It is bigger than our previous Golf and more solid overall. The engine, I'm told, borrows from a Lamborghini design. I'm not a racer but this is a quick car.

Also room enough for groceries and two kids. A bit tight for a long road trip, but doable.

The interior is very nice, almost a luxury feel. Audi-like. The red display achieves great visibility on the dash and the controls are well placed. Sound system with CD changer is decent, not going to knock you out. I love that it plays MP3 CDs, so I usually load it up with 6 CDs of 3-4 albums each. That's a lot of music. Seats are comfortable and quite adjustable. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. Sunroof is a must. Alloy wheels give this a bit of style. Handling is exceptional, tighter and more responsive than you'd expect. Makes me wonder what the hype is about the GTI.

There's a weird feature where the bass booms at stoplights. It's bizarre. Otherwise, this is one of the best cars I've owned, if not the best.

Great for tons of driving
By LongHairGuy240

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I deliver pizzas for a living. This car allows me to do that with ease. It's very fast. I can get from 0-90 in no time, on the freeway of course. It turns very easily, brakes just fine. I drive about 2500 miles a month, so the oil changes get expensive, but it's more than worth it. I blew up two cars because of oil change issues, so I'm being very careful with this one. I'm sure I'll be keeping this car for a long, long time. I'll most likely buy another after this one is finally dead.

I love the red and blue console displays. They're much easier to see during the day and night.

I agree that it needs some type of armrest, maybe attached to the seats themselves. It'd be nice to have air vents in the rear of the car, but I don't sit back there.

Mein Hare!!!
By berlin58

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I searched a long time for a vehicle before I chose the Rabbit. I wanted something fun to drive, wasn't a gas guzzler, and foremost a car that I could be comfortable in. Being a rather large individual 6'5" tall and 245 lbs. basically eliminates me from about 90% of the cars in the market, and this includes a lot of trucks and suv's. However, the Rabbit has loads of room. I have more than enough leg room, headroom, and shoulder room. When are the Japanese and American car companies going to get it??? Kudos to VW for building a car that a variety of body types can fit in. I really love this car, it's a blast to drive and I look forward to my daily commute where as before I did not.

Height adjustable seat, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, 6 disc CD changer, awesome sound system, blue illuminated gauges, abundant safety features, torquey and peppy inline 5 cyl. engine, classy interior.

A center armrest would be nice.

ROCKS!
By Kuya

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I do not know why this people are saying bad thinks about this car!!! i was reading the reviews and ohh man.. i have never seen anything like that on my car. Good Performance, the Torque is great for this car. It handles pretty good. not problems with this car at all. Also, the oil change, you can do it in several places, like Goodyear, good people, good price for a synthetic oil. the brakes are really good, it could be better, but i cant complain. even i have driven my Stock Rabbit into a track race and it performs really good in corners. If you really take care of your car, and drive it responsible, you will receive response back from it!!! Love it!

Everything.