Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

Mine's named Thumper!
By Musikfaery

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I got my Rabbit a few months ago and absolutely LOVE it! My family has always driven Volkswagens and I'm no exception. It has great torque, super spacious insides for a two door, and it ultra sleek in design on the outside as well as in. My boyfriend is 6'2" and fits in the passenger seat comfortably, where as on the opposite spectrum, I am 5'4" and the seat and wheel adjust well for smaller build too. Recently took it on a 1,000 mile road trip and loved every minute of it! Great storage in the hatch, and all the options are wonderful, specially the mp3 hookup in the arm rest. The sparkly blue paint is great, and didn't cost a cent extra. Absolutely love my Thumper!!

Sound system radio and mp3. It's surprisingly good quality speakers. And having not only the iPod dock, but the ability to read mp3 cds allows for hours of music with little extra need of storage for cds, etc. The hatch and cover are also GREAT!

They need to make it easier to open the hatch from the outside, the button on the automatic keychain thing you have to hold down too long. It also doesn't open on its own, which is a pain as a student with heavy books needing to be loaded, as well as groceries.

A dream machine for a student!
By Andrew

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I had never driven a VW two weeks ago. After the test drive, I was sold. Build quality is amazing. Driving it is a joy. The 2.5 PZEV 5M is no slouch. Much more than "acceptable," well beyond "competent." Not a racecar, but great torque, and amazing responsiveness in all the conditions its been through so far. For the price, I would say that my Rabbit is an amazing blend of performance, comfort, and quality. I can't even describe the feeling one gets while driving it. During the test drive, I just wanted to laugh maniacally. On paper, it doesn't look like much of an edge over the Versa, Yaris, Fit, or tC, other than performance. In person, it feels like a whole new class of vehicle.

Standard feature list is better than competition. Comfort and build quality, road feel (can't stress this enough!). Stock performance satisfying. PZEV makes me feel better about getting such mediocre gas mileage. Utility of the hatch is awesome.

I'm gonna go in two opposite directions here. Firstly, I wouldn't mind slightly better mpg (I don't drive responsively, and I'm getting ~18mpg). Secondly, I know this isn't a GTI, but I can't help but think about what a beast this thing would be with a turbo. Engine is cousin to gallardo motor.

A Solid Ride
By Icon_Daemon

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2 dr Sage Green, ABS/ESP only, w/15" steel wheels: the basic model. The ride is smooth and competent in the corners at all speeds. The engine puts out a throaty growl during accel. The pickup is superb (150 hp, 170fp of tq.), and highway cruising is excellent, with plenty of power reserve for quick escapes or conversely, with surefooted 4-wheel disk brakes to slow you down on a dime. The interior is well thought out, with driver's controls well-placed. The console lighting is especially stylish at night. Seating adjustments for a variety of driver sizes is excellent, the headroom being the most obvious. Passengers do not miss out. Folding rear seats increase cargo space.

The Rabbit has numerous standard features only available as pricy extras on comp cars in its class. Best int: night illumination. Best ext: dlippery (.32) and sleek design. Mirror mounted turn sigs. Best perf: super torque/hefty brakes for city driving. Best eng: PZEV. Best of all: price.

The MPG is a bit low when compared with my 10yr old Sentra, but the competent ride and strong engine make up for it in driving pleasure. The 2 dr cannot be ordered with: sunroof, heated seats, center armrest, 6-disc CD that the 4dr has room for. Bummer.

First German Car, Love It
By calpolyrabbit

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was excited to own my first very own car a few months ago when I bought a Scion xA in automatic. After being rear ended and having the car declared totaled, I ended up buying the Rabbit in manual 2 door paying about a grand more than I did for my xA. I think this car drives and feels much more luxrious and upscale to the xA and '01 Civic LX of my past. Though it is harder when trying to fit people in the back only having 2 doors, Then have plenty of room back there. I am one who likes buying cars from manufacturers who builds cars in their country as my xA was made in Japan (Toyota). The Rabbits are currently made in Wolfsberg, Germany. I am sincerely impressed with my purchase.

The interior lighting at night is a pleasure. The blue and red is slick, clean, and easy to read. The seats feel a lot more comfortable than those of my past cars as well. There are lots of "Easter Eggs" such as nice turn signal blinker functions, windshield wiper goodies, and others...

I would prefer a larger stereo display along with better radio control buttons/functions. Though my gas mileage is not bad, it would kick be great if it was regularly getting in the mid-30's, like many Japanese econoboxes get while keeping the German performance.