VW - The Rabbit formerly know as "Golf"
By Viper655rt10 on
2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
Well, I've only had the car for 2 days. But I can tell you that it is great. The quality has gone up to an even higher standard with this car. Volkswagen has clearly decided to make your money worth it. I had a 2003 Golf. It was a love hate relationship. It was weak-sauce when it came to acceleration, as could be expected. But it was rediculously fun when it came to getting through traffic and going through curvy 76 through Escondido in the San Diego mountains to Julian. As for this one, it's freaking sweet. It accelerates like no other N/A sub 3.0L car I've ever driven and handles like Steve Nash...left..right..left...left again..go go go! And that's with the automatic! Imagine if I got the manual!
Favorite Features
My favorite Features? There are too many to list. I know it sounds like a classified ad. But seriously. I guess if I had to pick, I'd say the suspension is very German...if you've driven a BMW, you'll know what I mean. And the 6-speed auto transmission. It's pretty freaking sweet. I think it's called DSG.
Suggested Improvements
Suggested improvements? I'd say only one thing could make it better. A California tree-hugger friendly diesel engine up front. But hey, not everyone can make diesel like the BluTec Mercedes. VeeDub still rocks!