2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: The Driver's Car

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

The Driver's Car
By trepidity on

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I hated driving before I drove this. My previous car had no power and I didn't feel safe driving my children in it. When shopping for a new vehicle I had the following demands: good pick up, a hatchback, 4 doors, and a manual trans. In hops the Rabbit. One test drive and I was sold. The torque is what got me. Like I said, I hated driving before this car. Now I find any excuse. I have to drive a lot as well so I didn't want to spend money on a car that I didn't like driving. The Rabbit has plenty of room for two child seats. It has sporty looks for a great price.

All of the standard features, including the auto roll up windows on all 4 windows, the change lane signal, and the fabulous stereo. The pick up is great. In my opinion it is a safety feature. I love the solid feel of the car.

The only thing I can think of is the blind spots. They are easy fix with some paste on mirrors. Perhaps it's my driving, but I'm not getting near what other are in terms of gas mileage. This car is about the same as my other 4-cylinder. This has an extra one though so it's not much of a concern.