My Bunny
By Lexcord on
2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
When we drove the Rabbit, we knew that this was the one. It is a driver's car. Our first tank of gave gave us 27 MPG (mixed driving 85% highway). The engine is smooth and its acceleration is great at lower RPMs probably because the torque curve peaks at around 3,000 RPMs. I gave build quality a 9 because the lumbar control knob was broken upon delivery. We were going to buy a Honda Fit but decided to try out a Rabbit after seeing the comercial. It is such a nice car to drive and FUN! It feels safe and solid. I am so happy with our new car, the only way we would get rid of it would be if VW came out with a TDI model.
Favorite Features
I love the pinch protection windows, 6 disc 10 speaker stereo, lane changing turn signal (one bump of the turn signal flashes it 3 times), four wheel disc brakes, and independant suspension. This car has good interior space! It provides great value for the money.
Suggested Improvements
Add a TDI version. Also, drop the speed sensitive volume control, and move the cruise control to the face of the steering wheel.