Just Bought an '06 Rabbit Maual
By eduright on
2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I was going to buy a Passat, but changed my mind at the last minute. It's too much car. It's noisy, jittery, and rough riding on all but nice smooth pavement. The Rabbit I got with 16" tires mounted on cast aluminum, is nicer riding and quieter than the 15s that I tried on a base 2-door. I am going to put magnets on the fuel line and a little turbo "cookine" cutter in the air intake hose. I may put some sound deadening coating on the wheel wells to quell road noise a bit. The Rabbit looks sleek, with nice simplicity, style and some earthy grace. It's sage green with the beige/black/brown interior. It handles well, in a bit of a bubbly bouncy (but controlled way). Plus it has a great interior!
Favorite Features
I like has such sporty handling, such a good ride, a great interior and seats, and ergonomics. It has a fine paint job and fit and finish. It also has a nice engine compartment and nontoxic interior materials (see www.ecocenter.org). It comes with many good safety features. It has a good price (got a discount), comes with a security system, window control/key remote, and advanced engineering.
Suggested Improvements
The poor gas mileage, road noise, lack of rear seat legroom, and stereo (the 6 Changer has "fair" sound). Give it a higher red line, a bit more horsepower (you know, make the 2.0 turbo the standard engine thus making an Audi 3 of sort ). Put an armrest on the 2-door model. Make the interior materials still more nontoxic - like Volvo.