I Courted a GTI, but Married a Rabbit
By Leo Gioia on
2006 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I had never been satisfied with the drivability of our 2005 Passat wagon. It had the 1.9T engine. Lets just say I was disappointed by extra engine load and the often unresponsive delivery of power. I had test driven the GTI and loved it but bought the wagon because I needed the four doors and it was on sale! After owning the wagon for less than a year. I was back in the dealership courting a four door GTI. The Rabbit caught my eye and it was love at first sight. I was compelled to take a test drive. Well I was so pleasantly surprised at how nimble and smooth the Rabbit drove that I dropped the GTI and traded the wagon in for a Rabbit. I am very happy, driving is fun every day. I have no regrets.
Favorite Features
The true beige cloth interior is very rich looking and so comfortable! The sound system rocks and rolls stronger and clearer than my home system. The abundance of safety and convenience features. The wiper even have a vertical park function the helps to facilitate ice removal and blade replacements.
Suggested Improvements
The only complaint that I have is that some rear seat passengers, mainly the mother-in-law, are looking for more leg room.