overall, good car
By srihari on
2006 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
First of all, I am six feet six inches, most of that legs! Given the fact that I prefer small and efficient cars, nothing that I tested came close to this VW in terms of leg room (lots!). When I first drove it, I was very impressed with the car's power and handling. Interior fit and finish is baby BMW style, gorgeous combination of black and beige. Not so good: the car is heavy! Feels almost like a an older American car: heavy, with a large displacement but uninteresting engine. Lots of torque but no fun to rev up. Nothing like a Mazda or Honda in terms of tossability. Getting about 24-25 mpg, mostly highway. If I floor it just a couple times per full tank, mileage drops to 21 mpg!
Favorite Features
Stunning shadow blue paint. Beautiful beige interior. Tons of standard features. Climate control system. Grip in the corners. Leg room! Decent standard sound system. Versatility of hatchback. Wonderful ergonomics except for placement of cruise control stalk one inch from turn signal stalk.
Suggested Improvements
factory ipod adapter is absurd and expensive option (i can only play the first six play lists preprogrammed on my ipod--no choosing an album or artist on the fly and listening to it?!!!). more sophisticated, higher revving, more fuel efficient engine.