2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: Fun to Drive!

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

Fun to Drive!
By Igloo on

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I shopped around and drove everything. I compared the Mazda3, Chevy Cobalt SS, Honda Civic, Chrysler 300, Ford Fusion, Subaru Legacy...you name it. Finally, I tried the Rabbit. It's such a fun car to drive! The stereo is excellent. The handling is incredibly precise (you feel like you could drive around cones all day!), they offer you tons of features. It even has heated cloth seats and heated side mirrors! Plus it has A/C vents for the rear seats (very cool) and traction control! I am shocked that our new Rabbit (150hp) is even faster than out V6 Ford Escape (220hp V6). This is a huge improvement over the Golf. If you're considering a Mazda3 or a Civic, give this a try, you won't regret it!

I love the stereo. It is one of the best stereos anywhere. Normally I rip out the stereo, but I'm keeping this one! The heated cloth seats are really cool. My wife loves the indirect A/C setting from the vent on the dashboard. I LOVE the one touch up and down for ALL the windows. The 50,000 mile warranty is great too.

I miss the seat memory that I had on my Jetta GLX...but that was a luxury feature on a higher end car...so I understand. I'd love if they offered a navigation system option!