2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
More Than Expected
By bill on 10/12/06 04:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Rabbit is a well built car with great handling and a good price. The hatchback makes this small car practical. The safety features and performance sold me on this, my second VW. So far I have been getting 25 mpg in city and 32 in mixed mostly highway driving. The car is fun to drive and I am glad that I bought it.

phat rabbit
By Jae Hyun Park on 10/05/06 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car brings out the true meaning of peoples car. The quality, the performance and the PRICE! Makes me want to drive more.

The Best Car to Buy and Fun, Too!
By skippey96 on 09/07/06 22:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have only owned American cars in the past. Now I have a new love, let me tell ya. The Rabbit is a pleasure to drive and is sporty looking. The only problem is people love to look at it and ask questions about it. Not that that is a bad thing, but well get one of your own and you'll love it to. Did I forget to tell ya it is fast (great on gas to). I hope that more people get them, you wont be sorry.

VW Rabbit 06 4 Door Manual
By Moss on 09/06/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a great car overall! It handles great and you could feel the high quality German build. I test Drove a Civic and a Mazda3, and Mazda6. Test driving this car sold me right away. It has a great sound system and great drivng performance

Great Daily Driver
By Pleasantly Surprised on 09/05/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I started looking at the Rabbits because of the ads and because I used to own a '87 Golf. When I started checking out the standard features I was shocked at how much car you get for under $20,000. I thought there had to be a compromise in quality somewhere. But after driving the Rabbit I was impressed. The car has a very solid feel and grips the road well. My previous vehicle had a 2.5L V6 (5M) and was nowhere near as quick as this car. The visibility is good in this car with a slight difficulty in seeing past the "b" beam. One of my favorite points about this car is how safe I feel driving it. Beside the eight airbags, it has four wheel ABS and ESP optional(which I got). Buy the Rabbit.

Mixed Bag
By takaouna on 08/12/06 11:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car's pros include its nice Interior, 6 speed auto transmission with Tiptronic and S mode, how it is loaded with options for a base model, its safety features - SAB/SC, ABS, traction control standard, its good torque, and how it is a new model. Its cons include its dreadful fuel economy for this class of car (19-20 mpg), how its 5-cyl. engine is rough for its size, its rattles, concerns about interior build quality, its weight for car of this class, its lack of acceleration, poor VW sales and service experience, and VW's poor reliability history.

Gotta Love a Bunny Named Hazel
By marthompson on 08/11/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We bought our Rabbit in early July, and have really enjoyed the car. Hazel is named after the main character in the book Watership Down. We like the quality of construction, the fact it accomodates two 6 footers, zippy performance, versatility, value, tiptronic transmission, seating comfort, and outward visability. The car is fun to drive and can enter a highway with confident acceleration. I love this car and would buy it all over again. I would maybe consider the TDI version when it becomes available. While I like the GTI version, I like the inline 5 engine of this Rabbit (a.k.a. Hazel).

The All German Rabbit
By Vanessa on 08/09/06 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I really like the fact that Volkswagen is building the Rabbit models in Germany. This is one of the major reasons I bought it. I previously owned a 1996 Volkswagen Golf that was built in Mexico and found the quality to be quite poor. And I know alot of people that had Jettas built in Mexico that traded their cars in within the first 5 years because they were constantly having problems with them. My father owns a 1989 and 1991 Volkwagen Jetta, in which it was built in Germany and it's still on the road with 250,000+. I am glad they are sticking with the German roots and not building them in Mexico, sometimes cheaper labor doesn't always profit in the long run.

Zippy Rabbit
By Kyle on 08/03/06 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've been researching cars for months and when VW finally came out with specs for the new Rabbit I was very excited. The test drive sealed the deal. This car has a lot of pep, handles extremely well, and is just an overall blast to drive. The car is very solid -- pretty much every aspect of the car gives that impression clearly. You get a lot of car for your money in this model, there's no question.

I Like It a Lot
By kjonim32 on 08/01/06 18:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Well, this is my wife's car who used to drive an SUV. So, when I offered her to test drive a Rabbit she got really mad. But 15 minutes into the test drive she told me that we were getting it. Well, now we have it and we LOVE it. I'm trying to talk her in to switching cars for a week, but so far I've had no luck. I do have a nice car by the way, a Chrysler Crossfire.