2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
FARFEGNUGEN
By Prams on 01/16/09 20:13 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car! Very few problems since off the lot new, now 30K miles. Way fun to drive, starts fine at -30F, load the big dogs, the bikes, the stuff, and go. Get about 30mpg highway, mid 20's city. Haven't gone thru any brake pads yet and am overdue for speeding tickets.

Love my Rabbit
By alicia on 12/26/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned VWs for years and I love my Rabbit.

GREAT Rabbit
By Jim on 11/25/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the most fun I've had driving a car in years. Nothing else I took for a test drive came close. The price of the 2 door is really hard to believe considering everything that comes standard. The only problem I have seen is access to the back seat in the 2 door, I wouldn't recommend it, if you have to get kids in and out pay the extra and get the 4 door. Try it, you'll love it.

phat rabbit
By Jae Hyun Park on 10/05/06 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car brings out the true meaning of peoples car. The quality, the performance and the PRICE! Makes me want to drive more.

The All German Rabbit
By Vanessa on 08/09/06 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I really like the fact that Volkswagen is building the Rabbit models in Germany. This is one of the major reasons I bought it. I previously owned a 1996 Volkswagen Golf that was built in Mexico and found the quality to be quite poor. And I know alot of people that had Jettas built in Mexico that traded their cars in within the first 5 years because they were constantly having problems with them. My father owns a 1989 and 1991 Volkwagen Jetta, in which it was built in Germany and it's still on the road with 250,000+. I am glad they are sticking with the German roots and not building them in Mexico, sometimes cheaper labor doesn't always profit in the long run.

Great Car
By liu on 07/26/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the Rabbit about two weeks ago and I love it more and more. I've always been a Japanese car fan in the past but this car definitely changed my perception about European car makers. The 2.5 V5 engine definitely gives you more power than you will need especially if you live in a big city. The first day I got it I took it up to high speeds on the highway and it's SMOOTH, thanks to it's great power to weight ratio. This is only an entry level European car, I can only imagine what the top of the line car will drive like. Great car, GET IT!!!

Just Love It
By Brandon on 07/20/06 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Out new Rabbit Black 2 Door Manual is only three weeks old. I traded in my '06 Ford Focus ZX4 for it. I was very disappointed with the Focus. I have 1,350 miles on the Rabbit and I drove from NYC to Montreal and I never have a better driving experience. The seats are great and the car was smooth. Also, it was great on gas. I just spent $50 for the round trip. This car has great handling and a quick aceleration. In my opinion it is the best car I have owned so far. I just love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.