Used 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

FARFEGNUGEN
By Prams

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car! Very few problems since off the lot new, now 30K miles. Way fun to drive, starts fine at -30F, load the big dogs, the bikes, the stuff, and go. Get about 30mpg highway, mid 20's city. Haven't gone thru any brake pads yet and am overdue for speeding tickets.

Good cargo space for vehicle class, handles and looks way fine. Great factory tires, nice sound, huge washer fluid reservoir, decent in snow for a lighter vehicle.

Headrests were faulty and cheap. Secondary cooling fan thermostat went poof last summer under warranty. The lower engine cover/oil filter are a bit of a chore without a lift.

Love my Rabbit
By alicia

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned VWs for years and I love my Rabbit.

The low price!

I understand the performance goes with the price, so I have no suggested improvements.

GREAT Rabbit
By Jim

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the most fun I've had driving a car in years. Nothing else I took for a test drive came close. The price of the 2 door is really hard to believe considering everything that comes standard. The only problem I have seen is access to the back seat in the 2 door, I wouldn't recommend it, if you have to get kids in and out pay the extra and get the 4 door. Try it, you'll love it.

The performance, especially the suspension, it really hugs the road.

Work on making the back seat more accessible in the 2 door.

phat rabbit
By Jae Hyun Park

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This car brings out the true meaning of peoples car. The quality, the performance and the PRICE! Makes me want to drive more.

Flawless design. Superb quality of interior metarials. Powerful engin. Rigid chasie.

shorter attena for the base models too.

The All German Rabbit
By Vanessa

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I really like the fact that Volkswagen is building the Rabbit models in Germany. This is one of the major reasons I bought it. I previously owned a 1996 Volkswagen Golf that was built in Mexico and found the quality to be quite poor. And I know alot of people that had Jettas built in Mexico that traded their cars in within the first 5 years because they were constantly having problems with them. My father owns a 1989 and 1991 Volkwagen Jetta, in which it was built in Germany and it's still on the road with 250,000+. I am glad they are sticking with the German roots and not building them in Mexico, sometimes cheaper labor doesn't always profit in the long run.

Love the interior and exterior design! I also love the way the trunk opens with the Volkswagen emblem. Very cool!

I really don't have any improvements to recommend. The car is solid and fairly priced.