2006 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
Gotta love that 5 Cylinder!
By tay272 on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car alittle over a year ago and still havent had any mechanical problems with it and I don't see anything going wrong for a long time. Reliabilty issues aren't too much of a concern with newer Vws like this one. This engine is bulletproof and will deffinately last a long time. The car is a blast to drive and with a few mods, becomes much more fun. I just wanna step on it whenever I'm in the car just to hear that 5 cylinder engine opening up. No complaints with this car yet!

Very Disappointed!
By Paige on 07/28/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

First 3 years, I loved the car! It has 127K miles on it now & I have to have the transmission rebuilt. I am very disappointed in VW. I would have continued to purchase VW and drive them for the rest of my lift until now. There is absolutely no reason I should have to have the transmission rebuilt yet. It should last me to 250K or more with the proper service and believe me I have had it all done. I loved everything about the car but this has totally changed my mind on VW and Audi for that matter or probably anything foreign except Honda & Subaru. Such a huge disappointment. And on top of it all VW wanted to rebuild it for $5150.00. Didn't go that route, no way!

I love driving!!
By crzyrbt on 07/28/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My fiance and I stumbled upon this great car by pure luck. The first time I drove this car I was completely surprised and wanted more. With a tap of the pedal your off to wherever you may go. Everyday I drive it I find myself saying " I love this car! " It is the funnest thing to drive!! I have a lead foot and its great right off the line. I do have to be careful though, all the sudden I find myself at 80 mph not even knowing it. The car could get better gas mileage all around but its really not too bad. With the way I drive sometimes it doesn't quite matter.I love this car!!

Runs Like A Bunny
By og4itg on 05/21/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Unlike past VWs, this Rabbit with 48,000 miles, has been totally trouble- free and rock solid. No problems or rattles and still as enjoyable to drive now as on day one. Spirited driving has yielded average 25.8 mpg. (range 19.8 to 32.2) Reliability problems are in the past so I have no choice but to stay in the VW family

FARFEGNUGEN
By Prams on 01/16/09 20:13 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Great car! Very few problems since off the lot new, now 30K miles. Way fun to drive, starts fine at -30F, load the big dogs, the bikes, the stuff, and go. Get about 30mpg highway, mid 20's city. Haven't gone thru any brake pads yet and am overdue for speeding tickets.

Best small car ever!
By vntgdave on 08/24/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is by far the best small car I've ever driven. I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs. and I fit in it perfectly. It drives like a full size sedan and gets great gas mileage for the horsepower that it has. I've put 60K on her in 2 years and I've had no problems. I have long commutes for work (3-6 hours) and I rarely ever feel the fatigue from sitting in my car that long. When I have to drive compact to midsize rentals for my job (I hate most of them) I can't wait to get home to my rabbit. It feels safe too...especially with all of the airbags.

overall, good car
By srihari on 05/16/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

First of all, I am six feet six inches, most of that legs! Given the fact that I prefer small and efficient cars, nothing that I tested came close to this VW in terms of leg room (lots!). When I first drove it, I was very impressed with the car's power and handling. Interior fit and finish is baby BMW style, gorgeous combination of black and beige. Not so good: the car is heavy! Feels almost like a an older American car: heavy, with a large displacement but uninteresting engine. Lots of torque but no fun to rev up. Nothing like a Mazda or Honda in terms of tossability. Getting about 24-25 mpg, mostly highway. If I floor it just a couple times per full tank, mileage drops to 21 mpg!

Shoddy CD Player Paint Blisters and Flak
By sprint350ss on 05/07/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This vehicle comes equipped with a shoddy cd player radio. The paint has blistered off the buttons and the face of the device. Still under warrant however, VW USA does not want to remedy the situation for hundreds of VW owners. The device is considered wear and tear item. how do you wear the face of the radio. Shoddy materials is really what it is.

Great First Car
By morgoone on 04/19/08 00:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My parents bought this car for me as my first car and I have never had any problems. It is fun to drive and has enough room to comfortably seat me and 4 friends for whatever excursion comes to mind. I always feel safe in this car because i am surrounded by airbags. The sound system is amazing and makes my friends jealous. This is a great first car.

Rabbit '06
By Chris Gorham on 02/17/08 11:13 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Rabbit PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Excellent performance and economy at super price vs. Audi or BMW.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.